New user, assigning pad inputs

mccoyden66@gmail.com

New user, assigning pad inputs

Post by mccoyden66@gmail.com »

Hello, I have an older TD12. I just received my eDRUMin and hooked it up last night. As a test, I disconnected 2 existing pads (say Tom 1 and Tom 2) from the TD module, and connected them to the eDRUMin box. I then Midi'd the eDRUMin box to the TD12 module. I was able to manipulate Tom 1 to any of the different drum sounds within the TD12. However, what ever assignment I gave Tom 1, Tom 2 had exactly the same. And, when I changed Tom 2 to be different, Tom 1 changed to what ever I set Tom 2 as. And, when viewing the "instrument" screen on the TD12 when playing Tom 1 and Tom 2 (still connected to eDRUMin box), both Toms showed as being in the "H6 High Hat" jack. Thus, the TD module seems to "see" 2 pads as a single input. I assume this is why I have the same drum sound even though they are two different pads. There must be some sort of Midi addressing I need to do on the TD side to get two different drum sounds from the two different pads that are connected to the eDRUMin box. Any help would be very welcomed.
Rob
Site Admin

Re: New user, assigning pad inputs

Post by Rob »

You might be having trouble understanding how the drum map feature works. Go to the first input of the eDRUMin and click on the Tom 1 icon in the Drum Map. Next go tom the second input and click on the Tom 2 icon.