Crash and Hihat bow/edge separation

Memorex

Crash and Hihat bow/edge separation

Post by Memorex »

Hi everyone,

I´m triggering SD3, using metal cymbals from AE Hybrid. My hihat and crashes have a bow piezo trigger and edge switch trigger.

At the moment I´m having some problems getting the most out of the articulations on SD3. I did a work around, and since I don´t use much of the bow of the crashes and hihat, I changed the note on the eDRUMin to send the same note when I get signal from the edge or bow trigger (print attached).

The bow trigger it´s more sensitive, so with light sticking on the hihat edge, only the hihat bow trigger is getting sinal.

Is there any away to get independent gain control from each trigger on the cymbal, in order to create more separation between zones?

Thanks everyone!
Attachments
image.png
image.png (150.25 KiB) Viewed 571 times
Rob
Site Admin

Re: Crash and Hihat bow/edge separation

Post by Rob »

The issue is with the physics of metal cymbals, unfortunately. You need to hit them fairly hard on the edge to trigger the switch.

But you might play around with the 'edge' scaler. You have it set at 5, but you should probably have it around 1.
Memorex

Re: Crash and Hihat bow/edge separation

Post by Memorex »

Thanks Rob, that´s what I tought. I guess I will stick with only triggering the edge articulation using both triggers.