ATV exs question

Nedjma974

ATV exs question

Post by Nedjma974 »

Hello,

I have just purchased an ATV exs 5 and will be interested in an eDrumin (4 or 10) to extend the possibilities of the xD3 module.
But I wondered if it was possible to use the eD4 as an extension of the xD3, to be able to have the sounds of the xD3 on the pads connected to the eD4 because apparently at the Midi level both only have a Midi conector out?
The eD10 has an input and an output but I imagine for this to work it would rather have an input on the xD3?
Maybe by plug in the eD10's usb host?
I also wanted to know about the positional sensing, it's technically impossible to make it work with the 3 sensors of the ATV snare? Or are there parallel solutions to make it work?

Thank you and if there are exs ATV owners who can give feedback, don't hesitate!
Rob
Site Admin

Re: ATV exs question

Post by Rob »

Hopefully someone who has some experience with ATV modules can share some information.

Assuming you can use your computer to send MIDI to the your module and it's able to trigger then onboard sounds, then it should work fine plugged into the USB host port of the ED10.

Positional sensing needs a pad with a center mounted trigger to work. I don't know of any way around this and I don't have any pads with multiply sensors to test with.
Nedjma974

Re: ATV exs question

Post by Nedjma974 »

Thanks for the answers.
Yes I hope that there will be users who can provide information even if on the forum I could see two or three useful pieces of information.
I'll have sent you an ATV pad with the three side sensors but I live on Reunion Island and delivery times are very long ....
I tried to understand with my little means, the basic principle of positional sensing and tell me if I'm wrong.
I think that to detect the center from the sides is due to the fact that when you hit the center, the cone below receives a greater pressure, a bit like determining the velocity but this time for the position ...
It's logic ?
If this is the case, by reversing the logic that the more the pressure is strong is that we are in the center, could that work?

Sorry for my english, I am using google translator.

P.S. : Is it possible to have a diagram for the connection of the eD10 to use the sounds of the xD3? Do you have to go through a computer?
Thanks again !