Best 3 zone cymbal. Rolands or yamaha? (13 and 15 inch)

MWJT42

Re: Best 3 zone cymbal. Rolands or yamaha? (13 and 15 inch)

Post by MWJT42 »

punkouter2021 wrote:.. but maybe there is no great hihat pedal.. Then open and close find but that middle area seems impossible to emulate with edrums
???

I've got 5, very smooth, levels of close to open.

What VST are you using?

The stand mounted Goedrum GHC (classed as 'pedal' in eDRUMin... :roll:) is my controller. Coupled with Superior Drummer 3 makes an awesome combo.

At this point, we're essentially able to completely emulate all an acoustic kit can offer, on e-drums. TBH my electric kit probably plays and sounds better than my acoustic!
dsteinschneider

Post by dsteinschneider »

I now have 3 Yamaha PCY155s (just bought a couple more from a forum member) and a PCY135. The three zones work very reliably with the eDRUMin. They are very well built. I like the playing surface and the sensitivity is good. I also like that they come with a locking ring/pin you slip on and lock, the pin slips through a slot in the cymbal and let's it swing with the hits and prevents rotating.
punkouter2021

Post by punkouter2021 »

Rob wrote:For the VH-10/11/12/13 and pretty every Roland hihat setup, the number of levels is dictated by the VST.
Is it worth upgrading to that from the

Yamaha HH65 Electronic Hi-hat Controller

I have 4 levels.. I wonder how 8 levels feel
punkouter2021

Post by punkouter2021 »

MWJT42 wrote:
punkouter2021 wrote:.. but maybe there is no great hihat pedal.. Then open and close find but that middle area seems impossible to emulate with edrums
???

What VST are you using?

The stand mounted Goedrum GHC (classed as 'pedal' in eDRUMin... :roll:) is my controller. Coupled with Superior Drummer 3 makes an awesome combo.

At this point, we're essentially able to completely emulate all an acoustic kit can offer, on e-drums. TBH my electric kit probably plays and sounds better than my acoustic!

I guess the roland is better .. your has only 5..

Depends on your drum sound module, this electronic Hi-Hat controller will allow you to perform choke, tip and bell functions on Hi-Hat cymbal, and can be used in 4 major positions: Open, 1/2 Open, 1/4 Open, Closed.
punkouter2021

Post by punkouter2021 »

dsteinschneider wrote:I now have 3 Yamaha PCY155s (just bought a couple more from a forum member) and a PCY135. The three zones work very reliably with the eDRUMin. They are very well built. I like the playing surface and the sensitivity is good. I also like that they come with a locking ring/pin you slip on and lock, the pin slips through a slot in the cymbal and let's it swing with the hits and prevents rotating.
I like the swinging .. feels weird when your cymbal is just a pad and doesnt move.. when it swings you hit different parts like in real life
punkouter2021

Post by punkouter2021 »

I have yamaha 65 pedal .. Could try the VH10 in the future but id be afraid it will not make a difference... I bounce between SD3 and AD2 trying to figure out which is best

MWJT42 wrote:
???

What VST are you using?

Rotil66

Post by Rotil66 »

Hi All,

I have a Roland CY13, Roland CY15,VH-12, 1x Yamaha PCY135, 4x Yamaha PCY155 running on my ED10.
So what did I find... (But it's my personal opinion off course)

- The Yamaha is a single wire 3 zone Cymbal and is easier to setup (Basically pic the PCY150 preset)
- The Yamaha is a bit better in detecting the Bell.
(if the Rolands are used in single wire mode with 'bell sense' for 3 zones - Works well enough to spare the input.....
- The Yamaha is less sensitive (less liniair) you have to hit real hard to get the max. Level... (But this can be compensated in the module)
- The Yamaha physical rebounce is a bit less. (Softer rubber - personal I prefer the Roland in this)
- The Yamaha Physical sound is a bit less. (Logical with softer rubber)

Conclusion:
For me the physical Playability the Roland Cymbal is winning...
For me the Velocity accuratecy the Roland also is winning (But most of it can be compensated in the module.
Pricewise....... Yamaha is winning by far.... Recently bought 1x PCY90, PCY135, 2x PCY155 for 160 euro all together.
Thats not even 1 Roland !!!!
So I would prefer a Roland as ride/hihat because playability is key here. For crashes Yamaha is absolutely OK and the more affordable option.

I hope this info is helping you all.....