Couple of suggestions that might make it easier for beginner

Rob
Site Admin

Re: Couple of suggestions that might make it easier for beginner

Post by Rob »

Right-Click on a control and these links appear in the top right-hand corner of the screen. They fade away after 3 seconds. Most controls have links to the manual and some also have links to videos or parts of videos. It's not as pretty as I would like, but it gets the job done. It'll be available in the next build.
moreInfo.png
moreInfo.png (12.26 KiB) Viewed 550 times
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

...if I ditched the video links, I could just add an asterisk over the existing manual icon in the sidebar....That would look a lot better.
Dadwrshpdrum

Post by Dadwrshpdrum »

Rob wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:06 pm
...if I ditched the video links, I could just add an asterisk over the existing manual icon in the sidebar....That would look a lot better.
Yeah agreed.
TD-17KVX, PD-125BK snare, PDX-100 Tom, PDX-12 Toms, PDX-8 Toms, CY-5 splash, CY-15R ride, CY-13R China. eDRUMin 10 with TD-17 slave module. MacBook Pro (16gb RAM and 1TB SSD). SSD5.5 and EZD2. Abelton Live.
CapCrunch

Post by CapCrunch »

Mylo wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:26 am
I’m a big manual guy myself. Whenever I’m evaluating a new product I go looking for the manual. But I feel I’m a dying breed.

The eDRUMin is a complex piece of software/hardware. You can’t exactly explain all the controls and how they relate with simple bubble tips. I think it will become a maintenance nightmare keeping links in the software matched up with the PDF. I’d prefer you concentrate of new features. :D
I can't read a manual. I have some friends, as soon as they get something new, will sit down and read the manual. As much as I'd like to I can't stick with getting through a technical manual, especially a complicated one (which for me Edrumin is). I'll get the basics to get started and then refer back to the manual or online searches when I get stuck. Unless something in the manual is relevant to a particular thing I'm working on I won't retain it. To me a pop up can just give a tip or two to say what a function is, maybe avoid a common pitfall, what the next step or two are etc.
ddropski

Post by ddropski »

Use manuals as a guide for when I get stuck.. like when Building that hooservorrentenson from IKEA :) :lol: