eDRUMin 1.5 BETA now available

Rob
Site Admin

Re: eDRUMin 1.5 BETA now available

Post by Rob »

Dadwrshpdrum wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:52 am
Just to clarify. When I’m viewing ED4 (which is connected to USB hub connected to USB Host port of ED10) and I turn autoselect off. No problems on ED4z. When I manually select ED10 it appears autoselect is still on, even though app shows it is off.

Later, when I turn autoselect On when on ED10 and then manually select ED4 the app shows it autoselect is on, but it is actually not on.
Fixed in the next build.
Dadwrshpdrum

Post by Dadwrshpdrum »

Very minor, but I took a screenshot of something I saw. I was playing 16th notes on my snare rim for rim click, and I noticed at times (with auto select on) the eDRUMin pad would flip to BT-1, even though the side stick was not played. So I took a video and captured a screenshot. Looks like when there is some crosstalk and the BT-1 picks it up, the cross talk is appropriate cancelled by the linked to input 1 feature, but auto select will still go to the BT1 pad. Very very minor, but thought you would want to see the screen shot.

edit: you'll see in the image the BT1 pad is shown selected in gray, but doesn't show yellow or other color to indicate a note was triggered. The snare pad continues to be the only pad that the color indicates a note, like yellow or red.
Attachments
BT1 auto select error
BT1 auto select error
BT1 autoselect error.png (261.35 KiB) Viewed 1244 times
TD-17KVX, PD-125BK snare, PDX-100 Tom, PDX-12 Toms, PDX-8 Toms, CY-5 splash, CY-15R ride, CY-13R China. eDRUMin 10 with TD-17 slave module. MacBook Pro (16gb RAM and 1TB SSD). SSD5.5 and EZD2. Abelton Live.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

That makes sense. Definitely a bug. Thanks.
Mylo

Post by Mylo »

Very small issue…

The manual cover page still says 1.4.

I suspect it is getting an upgrade with new ED4R3 images as well.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I think I've fixed the version number issue and have started updating the manual. I'll post new version in the next couple days along with some fixes for a few bugs I found today.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Changes in build 22
  • Change to timing of pedal note off message for better compatibility with 2Box modules.
  • Right-click controls for direct links to manual / videos.
  • Updated manual with new images for ED4.
  • Misc display issues.
Added factory presets for...
  • Roland VH-12
  • Roland PD-105x
  • Roland PD-120x
  • Roland KD-120
  • Roland PD-8
  • Yamaha PCY-135
  • Yamaha PCY-155
  • Yamaha HRR-135
  • Yamaha XP-70
  • Yamaha XP-80
  • Yamaha XP-100T
  • Yamaha XP-120T
  • Yamaha KP-65
  • Yamaha KP-100
  • Lemon 18" Ride
https://www.audiofront.net/eDRUMin_Cont ... 5.0.22.zip
https://www.audiofront.net/eDRUMin_Cont ... 5.0.22.zip
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I'm going to start working on some features for version 1.6. I would like to support positional sensing for cymbals. My biggest obstacle is the lack of a 5th note to store the positional CC / Note. I'm thinking that the simplest solution would be to use the 'Choke Note' to store this value. This however would mean that if you enabled positional sensing on a cymbal, you would no longer be able to send a choke note. Is this an acceptable limitation?
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Early development looks very promising. I have positional sensing working on my CY-12, CY-13, CY-15, Yamaha PCY-155s, and with a little more effort, I should be able to get the Lemon 18" ride working too.
Superfish

Post by Superfish »

Rob wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:25 am
I'm going to start working on some features for version 1.6. I would like to support positional sensing for cymbals. My biggest obstacle is the lack of a 5th note to store the positional CC / Note. I'm thinking that the simplest solution would be to use the 'Choke Note' to store this value. This however would mean that if you enabled positional sensing on a cymbal, you would no longer be able to send a choke note. Is this an acceptable limitation?
Indeed its acceptable. ;)
People can then choose by themselves to enable/disable this new feature.
jacko

Post by jacko »

I've never been interested in having positional sensing on a cymbal, but if i did want it, i can't imagine that i would want to trade off cymbal chokes for it. not sure about others, but for me cymbal chokes are essential - even though i use them only occasionally

my 2c - love the ongoing development