lemon cymbals

Rob
Site Admin

Re: lemon cymbals

Post by Rob »

Sly wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:50 pm
It could maybe be clarified as this metal 3zone cymbal pad type is made for piezo/piezo/switch cymbals while those lemon cymbals are piezo/switch/switch... Anyone ? just curiousity...
I got a feeling the Lemon cymbals are peizo/switch/piezo...
Sly

Post by Sly »

Took from V-drums forum, some tape put to increase the bell sensitivity.
https://www.vdrums.com/forum/general/pr ... luck/page2Image
jacko

Post by jacko »

Sly wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:04 am
Took from V-drums forum, some tape put to increase the bell sensitivity.
https://www.vdrums.com/forum/general/pr ... luck/page2Image
thanks sly. i assume that's for me since i mentioned dialling the thresh down on the bell. once it's dialled down the bells work fine for me and I'd much rather use software than tape for the fix (another point for the eDRUMin). but thanks - genuinely appreciate the info
monospace

Post by monospace »

I did the "tape fix" for my CY-15 years ago, and it (sort of) worked, but after getting an eDrumIn, I removed it. I prefer my gear unmodified if I can help it, and the eDrumIn, even with a single cable, totally fixed the sensitivity issue of the CY-15 bell.
Miscellaneous Roland triggers. ED-10 + ED-4. MacBook Pro (2015), 16G RAM, Big Sur. Superior Drummer 3. Logic Pro.
thenewdrummer

Post by thenewdrummer »

jacko wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:27 pm
Sly wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:50 pm
metal 3-zone cymbal pad type in eDRUMin
It could maybe be clarified as this metal 3zone cymbal pad type is made for piezo/piezo/switch cymbals while those lemon cymbals are piezo/switch/switch... Anyone ? just curiousity...
side note: can also confirm they do not work if you select 'Roland 3-zone cymbal' pad type
Mine is setup with Roland 3-zone cymbal pad type and it works. :roll:
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

thenewdrummer wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:50 am
Mine is setup with Roland 3-zone cymbal pad type and it works.
Good to know. I might have to buy one of those cymbals. If it can work using the 3-Zone Roland option, that is definitely preferable to the Metal Cymbal pad type.
jacko

Post by jacko »

Rob wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:03 am
thenewdrummer wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:50 am
Mine is setup with Roland 3-zone cymbal pad type and it works.
Good to know. I might have to buy one of those cymbals. If it can work using the 3-Zone Roland option, that is definitely preferable to the Metal Cymbal pad type.
ok. i went in and changed the pad type to Roland 3-zone (from metal 3-zone) and now they work fine on both settings

no clue what happened there except i stuffed something up. but when i was setting them up i was getting zero response on the Roland 3-zone pad setting and had to use metal 3-zone to get any response at all. not the case now
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I just ordered the 18", $86 USD delivered.
monospace

Post by monospace »

Rob wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:02 am
Would love to hear what you think. At $117 to the USA ($69 for the cymbal + $48 shipping) it's way cheaper than anything Roland has to offer.
Miscellaneous Roland triggers. ED-10 + ED-4. MacBook Pro (2015), 16G RAM, Big Sur. Superior Drummer 3. Logic Pro.
jacko

Post by jacko »

monospace wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:05 pm
Rob wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:02 am
Would love to hear what you think. At $117 to the USA ($69 for the cymbal + $48 shipping) it's way cheaper than anything Roland has to offer.
there's a growing number of reviews and reports out there mono - have a look at the buyer reviews on Alibaba too. if you're in the market for one or more rubber e-cymbals, the only real questions on whether to buy lemons, it seems to me, are:

1. are you prepared to do the dead simple and well-covered and -explained (by users on the web) wire mod if necessary?

2. will they stand the test of time?

(1) is so easy i can't see how it can be a problem (though i can see how it can be an irritating however minor pita), but there's a great post by Tang or mkok i think on vdrums that explains why this design is necessary and not really lemon's fault

for (2), the design and build quality suggest they'll last as long as anything else in the market, though the only real test will be time

The timing was right for me to buy them as i split off my td9 module and various parts to put together a second kit for my son who just moved out. but i also had in mind that i wanted to get them while they are still so cheap. as their reputation grows, i imagine the price will too though i have no evidence for that

My only regret is that they don't have a 3-zone 13" - that would've been perfect for me. but apart from that I'm very happy with the 15" and the reviews out there on the 18" all seem to be good too