lemon cymbals

jacko

lemon cymbals

Post by jacko »

couldn't find any discussion of these on the eDRUMin forums - apologies if i missed it.

anyone using / used these cymbals with the eDRUMin? i'm looking at pulling the trigger on a pair of their '16-inch' (actually 15") rides
perceval

Re: lemon cymbals

Post by perceval »

Should trigger as the metal cymbal preset.

Myself, I'm waiting a bit.

I would love the feel of a metal cymbal under my sticks, but the tech is still lagging behind the rubber / switch cymbals.
Once it catches on, it will be a no-brainer.
jacko

Post by jacko »

just found that luke / pulsc included the eDRUMin10 in his review of the lemon 18"

https://youtu.be/TSIlebSDyaM

to summarise, the lemon 18" ride works fine all 3 zones using 2 inputs on the eDRUMin10, with roland 3-zone ride setting

bell sense doesn't seem to work using only one input but edge/bow work fine with one cable

excellent review, but would love to know how the '16 inch' ride works (or doesn't) with bell sense
ffmcloud

Post by ffmcloud »

I bought two 15" 3 zone ride from lemon over alibaba.

I use one as a 3 zone ride and one as a single zone crash (addicitve drums 2 only have one cymbal sound other tha ride and hi hat).
I tried getting bell sense to work on the ride, but could not get it to work properly.
But I did not tried to long, cause I have the space on the ED10 to use the full 3 zones.
The edge zone does not trigger on very low velocity hits,bBut its OK for me.

Because I am on a budget I'am fully satisfied with those cymbals.
Actualy so satisfied that I also ordered additonal cymbals:
12" Hi-Hat with Controller
13" 2 Zone Crash
18" 3 Zone Ride

I could not try them on the kit yet, cause we could not rehearse for the last three weeks, but hopefully we can the following week.

If you are on a budget you can not do wrong imho. You should calculate with custom fees.
jacko

Post by jacko »

thanks for the replies. I've pulled the trigger and will report back.

perceval, i might have misunderstood you but to clarify, the lemon cymbals are rubber along the lines of Roland/Yamaha/atv cymbals. plenty of reviews on them on the vdrum forum and on YouTube
jacko

Post by jacko »

another review of the 18" that tested it with the eDRUMin and confirms what perceval said about settings. from digital drummer (via vdrums forum) ...

https://digitaldrummermag.com/2021/06/15/its-no-lemon/
thenewdrummer

Post by thenewdrummer »

I use them too.
18 ride
2 x 15 crashes
13 as hi hat with goedrums controller

They were almost plug n play
jacko

Post by jacko »

my experience is similar to others'

i bought three 15" lemon three-zone cymbals from Shanghai Jiajun Science and Trading Co Ltd on alibaba. it was the first time i have used alibaba.

The cost of the shipping was about the same as the actual cymbals. They arrived in Sydney 10 calendar days after ordering them. came in simple boxes, arrived undamaged and working

all three cymbals included a plastic (roland-type) cymbal mount / rotation stopper

mine were wired as rides and worked out of the box with the eDRUMin (see discussion on vdrums and YouTube re rewiring them)

ride 1 input (on cymbal) in top input on ED10 (eg. input 3)

ride 2 input (on cymbal) in bottom input on ED10 (eg. input 4)

metal 3-zone cymbal pad type in eDRUMin

had to lower the threshold on the bell to 0.5 to get reliable bell triggering

Only had about 20 minutes playing with them once i got them set up and working so i still need to dial then in properly etc

didn't try to get them working with single input and bell sense and don't plan to do so any time soon

using one as hihat and the other two as crash-rides (i.e. as rides)

early days but first impressions are very good, and they seem to be an improvement on my former cy5 plus cy8 plus cy12rc, which i was never completely happy with on the eDRUMin but which still trigger excellently on my td9 module

for a total of AUD$300 (including shipping) for 3 cymbals, i'm happy and happy to recommend them (caveat: after owning them for a day)

by comparison, a single roland cy13r retails here for around AUD$235, and a single Roland cy16rt retails here for around AUD$550

will report back if there are significant changes for better or worse after more use
Sly

Post by Sly »

It could maybe be clarified as this metal 3zone cymbal pad type is made for piezo/piezo/switch cymbals while those lemon cymbals are piezo/switch/switch... Anyone ? just curiousity...
jacko

Post by jacko »

Sly wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:50 pm
It could maybe be clarified as this metal 3zone cymbal pad type is made for piezo/piezo/switch cymbals while those lemon cymbals are piezo/switch/switch... Anyone ? just curiousity...
side note: can also confirm they do not work if you select 'Roland 3-zone cymbal' pad type

EDIT:
this is incorrect, and is corrected later in this thread
Last edited by jacko on Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.