eDRUMin 1.5 BETA now available

flaphead

Re: eDRUMin 1.5 BETA now available

Post by flaphead »

Rob wrote:
flaphead wrote:Could it be changed, such that this setting is saved per bank?
It's possible, but I don't think it's a good use of the device"s recourses as that implementation would take a good chunk of very limited memory. Just save and load pedal presets instead.
I see. That means I would still need to boot the PC in order to change presets. Not perfect, but it would work... Would it be an option to allow this just for a single bank, or alternatively gain some memory by reducing the number of possible note levels available? Out of curiosity, how much memory is available on the device for storage?
dsteinschneider

Post by dsteinschneider »

Rob wrote:
dsteinschneider wrote:Hi Rob,

I upgraded to 1.5 on my ED10 and everything worked as in the last 1.4.38 build I was on without me changing any settings.

I noticed one issue. I have my floor tom sharing input 1 with the kick drum. When I click on the right half of the input 1 icon (kick is the on left side of input icon) to make changes to the floor tom it jumps back to the kick. Should I send logs?
I think I fixed this issue today. If the xTalk control is set to zero, you won't be able to select the right half of the input. It'll be fixed in build 10, but because it's a minor issue, I'll wait a bit to push out an update.
I'm just going to put in a bit of xTalk control for now
monospace

Post by monospace »

Rob wrote: The list of device presets is automatically filtered by the type of device that's selected (or at least it should be). When an ED10 is selected, you shouldn't see presets for an ED4.
Yeah that's not what's happening. The ED4 snapshot I just tried to save (with a unique name) is not showing up anywhere, and the ED10 snapshot is visible under both devices.
ED4 Selected.png
ED4 Selected.png (81.43 KiB) Viewed 1145 times
ED10 Selected.png
ED10 Selected.png (83.3 KiB) Viewed 1145 times
Miscellaneous Roland triggers. ED-10 + ED-4. MacBook Pro (2015), 16G RAM, Big Sur. Superior Drummer 3. Logic Pro.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

monospace,

I'm seeing some issues in that regard. I'll fix it this morning.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

https://www.audiofront.net/eDRUMin_Cont ... 5.0.10.zip
https://www.audiofront.net/eDRUMin_Cont ... 5.0.10.zip

*There's no firmware update in this build, so your firmware will remain build 9.

Changes in build 10
  • Fixed issue with Dual Mono input when xTalk is set to zero.
  • Fixed an issue with the Preset Manager when switching between devices.
monospace

Post by monospace »

Rob wrote: Changes in build 10
  • Fixed issue with Dual Mono input when xTalk is set to zero.
  • Fixed an issue with the Preset Manager when switching between devices.
Dual Mono input issue is fixed. I can set Xtalk to zero on both pads and still access/edit both.

Device snapshot issue is fixed too (I can now see ED4 snapshots I saved days ago!)
Minor issue: the "Device" indicator at the bottom right of the screen is now stuck on "---".
Miscellaneous Roland triggers. ED-10 + ED-4. MacBook Pro (2015), 16G RAM, Big Sur. Superior Drummer 3. Logic Pro.
monospace

Post by monospace »

Minor pony request: when not using Auto Save, can we get a more robust indicator of which inputs have been changed and need saving? It would be great if there was something visible on the top row of icons. A "Save All Changes" would be nice too, but I'm fine with having to manually review each input. It's just that right now, I can't tell which ones have changed unless I actively select them, and even then the indication (the slightly brighter floppy disc icon) is awfully subtle.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Saving individual inputs is much easier said than done, so not for version 1.5. I'll make the save icon change color though.
Dadwrshpdrum

Post by Dadwrshpdrum »

Rob wrote: AutoSave button will now pulse whenever the device is autosaved.
What does a pulse look like? On MacOS I don’t see anything that would resemble a pulse, but I might have the wrong assumption of what this means.
TD-17KVX, PD-125BK snare, PDX-100 Tom, PDX-12 Toms, PDX-8 Toms, CY-5 splash, CY-15R ride, CY-13R China. eDRUMin 10 with TD-17 slave module. MacBook Pro (16gb RAM and 1TB SSD). SSD5.5 and EZD2. Abelton Live.
Dadwrshpdrum

Post by Dadwrshpdrum »

Rob wrote:https://www.audiofront.net/eDRUMin_Cont ... .5.0.9.zip
https://www.audiofront.net/eDRUMin_Cont ... .5.0.9.zip

Changes in build 9
  • Fixed a pedal current position regression bug.
  • The MIDI assignments for a linked hihat cymbal will be disabled if the hihat pedal is in Hihat Levels Mode.
  • Updated the user manual.
This is the version I’m running. The pedal current position issue is fixed. So are the various auto save issues, but with a single issue remaining. Pedal Input 1 (VH10) does auto save all parameters correctly now, so that is great. However, the note bank always returns to 3 after each power cycle. It does not remain on the last set before a power cycle. The pads and pedal input 2 (footswitch) do remain on the last set note bank after a power cycle.
TD-17KVX, PD-125BK snare, PDX-100 Tom, PDX-12 Toms, PDX-8 Toms, CY-5 splash, CY-15R ride, CY-13R China. eDRUMin 10 with TD-17 slave module. MacBook Pro (16gb RAM and 1TB SSD). SSD5.5 and EZD2. Abelton Live.