Site Admin

Re: eDRUMin 1.5 BETA now available

Post by Rob »

Contact me via technical support.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Dadwrshpdrum wrote: It doesn't look like all of the issues are fixed. What is fixed is on Pedal Input 2 (the footswitch) if last set before a power cycle is 2, when I power cycle it comes back as 2. (see the screenshot).
I just tested again this morning and everything is working so I was about to go crazy.... and then....oh right, I know what that is. MACOS issue. I'm on it.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

https://www.audiofront.net/eDRUMin_Cont ... .5.0.8.zip
https://www.audiofront.net/eDRUMin_Cont ... .5.0.8.zip

*There's no firmware update in this build, so your firmware will remain build 6.

Changes in build 8
  • Fixed device not being properly put into AutoSave mode on OSX.
  • AutoSave button will now pulse whenever the device is autosaved.
  • Fixed AutoSave state becoming inactive when switching between multiple devices.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

https://www.audiofront.net/eDRUMin_Cont ... .5.0.9.zip
https://www.audiofront.net/eDRUMin_Cont ... .5.0.9.zip

Changes in build 9
  • Fixed a pedal current position regression bug.
  • The MIDI assignments for a linked hihat cymbal will be disabled if the hihat pedal is in Hihat Levels Mode.
  • Updated the user manual.
dsteinschneider

Post by dsteinschneider »

Rob wrote:
Rob wrote:I noticed one issue. I have my floor tom sharing input 1 with the kick drum. When I click on the right half of the input 1 icon (kick is the on left side of input icon) to make changes to the floor tom it jumps back to the kick. Should I send logs?
I couldn't reproduce this. Can you check again?
I couldn't reproduce it either :) - after I restarted it was fine - but it did do it just after I update the firmware - I should have restarted then
flaphead

Post by flaphead »

Hi Rob,
I just tried the HiHat note switching. While it works just as expected, I realized that the the hihat mode is a global setting, not a bank setting (I guess that's what you asked earlier, but I didn't get the question...). Could it be changed, such that this setting is saved per bank? I'd like to use bank 1 in levels mode (for the module), and bank 2 in CC mode (for VST drumming).

Apart from this I really like it. (I just wish my module had more HH-samples, I can only use two ;) )
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

flaphead wrote:Could it be changed, such that this setting is saved per bank?
It's possible, but I don't think it's a good use of the device"s recourses as that implementation would take a good chunk of very limited memory. Just save and load pedal presets instead.
monospace

Post by monospace »

I hit the red 'x' button in the top left of the window (MacOS) to quit the Control Application and it crashed. Report attached.
edrumin_crashreport_051921.txt.zip
(22.85 KiB) Downloaded 110 times
Miscellaneous Roland triggers. ED-10 + ED-4. MacBook Pro (2015), 16G RAM, Big Sur. Superior Drummer 3. Logic Pro.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

monospace wrote:Question about device snapshots. I can highlight the ED4 (connected to the ED10) but it doesn't appear that any presets are saved, as nothing shows up in the list. It seems to work fine with just the ED10.

I'm assuming that device snapshots are per device and not for any connected devices.

EDIT: nevermind. What seems to be happening is that the list of presets doesn't update when I click between the ED10 and the ED4.
The list of device presets is automatically filtered by the type of device that's selected (or at least it should be). When an ED10 is selected, you shouldn't see presets for an ED4.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

dsteinschneider wrote:Hi Rob,

I upgraded to 1.5 on my ED10 and everything worked as in the last 1.4.38 build I was on without me changing any settings.

I noticed one issue. I have my floor tom sharing input 1 with the kick drum. When I click on the right half of the input 1 icon (kick is the on left side of input icon) to make changes to the floor tom it jumps back to the kick. Should I send logs?
I think I fixed this issue today. If the xTalk control is set to zero, you won't be able to select the right half of the input. It'll be fixed in build 10, but because it's a minor issue, I'll wait a bit to push out an update.