eDRUMin 1.5 BETA now available

Dadwrshpdrum

Re: eDRUMin 1.5 BETA now available

Post by Dadwrshpdrum »

See attached. This is what it looks like after a power cycle.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-05-17 at 5.36.14 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-05-17 at 5.36.14 PM.png (156.71 KiB) Viewed 1144 times
TD-17KVX, PD-125BK snare, PDX-100 Tom, PDX-12 Toms, PDX-8 Toms, CY-5 splash, CY-15R ride, CY-13R China. eDRUMin 10 with TD-17 slave module. MacBook Pro (16gb RAM and 1TB SSD). SSD5.5 and EZD2. Abelton Live.
Dadwrshpdrum

Post by Dadwrshpdrum »

Dadwrshpdrum wrote:See attached. This is what it looks like after a power cycle.
Also I changed from boss FS-6 to an expression type pedal. Auto save is on and sense is off. So I would think after a power cycle it would come back as an expression pedal. It did not. Came back looking just like the screenshot of previous post, with the same issue.

Edit: I had the Alesis RealHat pedal plugged into pedal input 2 not the boss FS-6, for this little test. If I turned sense on the system immediately thought it was HH pedal. So I kept sense off and manually selected expression pedal. I have been manually keeping it as a boss FS-6 because I do switch out the pedals from time to time.
TD-17KVX, PD-125BK snare, PDX-100 Tom, PDX-12 Toms, PDX-8 Toms, CY-5 splash, CY-15R ride, CY-13R China. eDRUMin 10 with TD-17 slave module. MacBook Pro (16gb RAM and 1TB SSD). SSD5.5 and EZD2. Abelton Live.
Dadwrshpdrum

Post by Dadwrshpdrum »

Rob, I think you are right. There is an issue with auto save. I have it on (green), change the splash note to 24 (from 23). I hit a few foot splashes and wait a few seconds. Power cycle and the foot splash note returns to 23. I also changed the channel from 10 to 12. Power cycled and returned to 10. I tried a similar exercise on a pad. No issue with auto save. I changed a setting on a pad (rimshot from 75 to 76). Power cycled and it remained as 76. So no issue. Sorry I edited this post to fix what I wrote.

Looks like it is the same thing for S Sense on HH pedal. I changed from 28 to 36 or something like that. After a power cycle it came back as 28.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I'm seeing a couple of issues as I test. I'll need some time to work through them.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

https://www.audiofront.net/eDRUMin_Cont ... .5.0.6.zip

Changes in build 6
  • Fixed an issue with saving pedal input settings.
  • Fixed an issue recalling footswitch pedal states.
  • Added a ring around BT-1 and its linked input.
  • Various bug fixes.
wangagat

Post by wangagat »

Been running beta 1.5 on my Edrum10v2 without problems.

Just received my Edrum4v2 in the mail, and wanted to update to the beta, but it's not flashing the firmware for some reason. Pressing the firmware update button seems to reboot the device and program it, but it only takes a few seconds and its back to the update page, and the device reports its original 1.4 firmware.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Fixed in build 6.
monospace

Post by monospace »

Question about device snapshots. I can highlight the ED4 (connected to the ED10) but it doesn't appear that any presets are saved, as nothing shows up in the list. It seems to work fine with just the ED10.

I'm assuming that device snapshots are per device and not for any connected devices.

EDIT: nevermind. What seems to be happening is that the list of presets doesn't update when I click between the ED10 and the ED4.
Miscellaneous Roland triggers. ED-10 + ED-4. MacBook Pro (2015), 16G RAM, Big Sur. Superior Drummer 3. Logic Pro.
Dadwrshpdrum

Post by Dadwrshpdrum »

Rob wrote:https://www.audiofront.net/eDRUMin_Cont ... .5.0.6.zip

Changes in build 6
  • Fixed an issue with saving pedal input settings.
  • Fixed an issue recalling footswitch pedal states.
It doesn't look like all of the issues are fixed. What is fixed is on Pedal Input 2 (the footswitch) if last set before a power cycle is 2, when I power cycle it comes back as 2. (see the screenshot).

However, all pads are are on note bank 1. (see the screenshot).

And the HH pedal (Pedal Input 1) is on note bank 4.

Also, changes to HH pedal (S Sense), pedal notes, channels, etc.. do not appear to being autosaved and returned after a power cycle. Also, you'll see in the screen shot the CC position is 123 every time you select the pedal. You have to press the pedal and release it so it will read 0. Also,When you change the note bank 123 pops up again even though pedal is open.

Finally, I did this test again, but cycled Auto Save from ON to OFF and back to ON. When I do that....it all works :). (well CC is still 123 when you select the pedal or change note bank). I take that back again, HH (pedal input 1) returns as note bank 3 always (after this auto save cycle then a power cycle workaround). Pedal Input 2 and Pads return to last saved note bank (by cycling auto save on to off to on).
Attachments
Pad after power up.png
Pad after power up.png (292.7 KiB) Viewed 1087 times
Pedal Input 1 after power up.png
Pedal Input 1 after power up.png (252.38 KiB) Viewed 1087 times
Pedal Input 2 after power cycle.png
Pedal Input 2 after power cycle.png (158.06 KiB) Viewed 1087 times
ffmcloud

Post by ffmcloud »

Hi Rob,

I installed build 6 and started a firmware update.

During the Update the Programm crashed and now the ED10R2 is not recognized anymore.
Not in the Software ("Plug-in your eDRUMin") nor in the VST as an Midi Device.
I tried multiple Versions of the Software and both Mac and Windows.

- former Version installed 1.5.0.3
- direct USB Connection (no USB Hub)

Is there a hard reset or another way to update?

Looking for your answer.

Greetings