eDRUMin version 1.4 BETA now available

Superfish

Re: eDRUMin version 1.4 BETA now available

Post by Superfish »

Hi Rob,

Just a small typo bug under "show note assignments" Superior Drummer 3.
"cymbal 2" is spell as "cymabl 2" ;)

And would it be possibly in a future update to give the input icons a custom name?
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Thanks. The typo is now fixed, thanks. Several people have asked for this feature you've requested. The problem with this feature is the amount of data required to save all that text. It might be doable if the names are stored on the host.conputer, (not on the eDRUMin itself).
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Changes in build 37
  • Fixed auditioning note assignments not being send to USB Host Port devices.
  • Fixed auditioning note assignments not using using MIDI channel from Note Banks.
  • Fixed RS/SS/BELL not using main velocity curve when no independent curve is assigned.
  • Fixed typo in Drum Map selector.
PC
https://www.audiofront.net/eDRUMin_Cont ... 4.0.37.zip

macOS
https://www.audiofront.net/eDRUMin_Cont ... 4.0.37.zip
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I'm going to start development for version 1.5. Here's some of the things I plan to work on. If you have any other suggestions let me know. I've gotten lots of requests to name inputs, but I don't think that is going to happen. Saving text on the device consumes a lot of precious memory and then sending that data to and from the device and the control application is also not efficient and would degrade performance. So for now, it's not going to be implemented. Instead I will allow the user to set a custom icon which requires about 64x less memory and bandwidth.
  • Overhaul the preset manager to support trigger presets, pedal presets, and device snapshots.
  • Advanced crosstalk constraints to better deal with situations like having a BT-1 attached to a snare pad.
  • Allow using the position of the hihat pedal to control the note bank of the linked hihat cymbal.
  • Allow saving to be switched from auto and manual.
  • Allow changing the icon associated with a particular input.
jacko

Post by jacko »

Rob wrote: I've gotten lots of requests to name inputs, but I don't think that is going to happen. Saving text on the device consumes a lot of precious memory and then sending that data to and from the device and the control application is also not efficient and would degrade performance. So for now, it's not going to be implemented. Instead I will allow the user to set a custom icon which requires about 64x less memory and bandwidth.
It's not a feature I personally care about (for now at least), and i know nothing about programming. but if the icons are effectively images, could you use images of words instead of iconic images? fool the humans into thinking the images are words and fool the technology into thinking the words are images, and satisfy both parties?
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Icons or words are fine. The important thing is that you have a list possible words or icons and the only piece of info I need to store on the device is the index of the image or word.
Mylo

Post by Mylo »

What is the motivation behind the text on the icons? What purpose does it perform? Maybe if we know why you want text another solution could be dreamed of.

If it is to quickly realize which icon matches which pad on the drum set so you can select it and edit it, doesn’t Auto-Select work just as well. Just hit the pad you want to edit... so simple. I doubt I’d use use the text feature. It is just one more thing to update and keep straight and it clutters the UI.
Superfish

Post by Superfish »

Hi Rob,

i think there is a bug in the new 4.0.37 update.
When using a split cable between 2 toms or tom+bass drum, the gain control only works on one of the toms, the other tom doesn't react to any changes with the gain control, as before the update.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Thanks, I'll have a look.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

A quick check with my ED10 doesn't show an issue.