eDRUMin version 1.4 BETA now available

Rob
Site Admin

Re: eDRUMin version 1.4 BETA now available

Post by Rob »

I tried to reproduce the crash here several times on both Windows and macOS but couldn't. I can also confirm that resetting the pedal input does unlink the pedal and the input as expected.
hang12

Post by hang12 »

Rob wrote:I tried to reproduce the crash here several times on both Windows and macOS but couldn't. I can also confirm that resetting the pedal input does unlink the pedal and the input as expected.
Sorry maybe I should have remembered my approach more correctly :roll: - I didn't try to do a 'reset' on the pedal, because I just wanted to change one function. I think I simply clicked 'link' when opening the pedal 'view' - thinking that it might un-link...(?)
So I just tried the pedal reset (instead I was trying the input reset) and it cleared the HH icon - yay. So my bad, or maybe as a design issue, if someone is clearing an input it might clear both instrument and linked pedal status? I didn't realize there was a separate clear.
I'm still ramping up on how this all works, but I just went back-n-forth trying to clear and link the #1 pedal to either input 5 -or- 8, and it wasn't updating very well. It took a lot of clicking to finally get the HH icon to switch from 5 to 8.

Also, sorry again if I've missed this in the manual, but is there a means to back up the entire eDRUMin10 set-up? Not just individual inputs? if I do a factory reset does that mean I have to re-enter the parameters for each input, or from a set of my own presets? Kind of difficult to start from ground zero every time, especially with 20 different inputs, including split mono's.
monospace

Post by monospace »

Minor bug in Build 32: On an input that previously had multiple individual curves applied, I unchecked the "Ind" boxes for each articulation, with the intention that they share a single curve again. However, when I now adjust the curve, the "Ind" box is checked automatically and I have multiple independent curves again. I think the expected and intended behavior is to only have independent curves when the user explicitly checks that box.
Miscellaneous Roland triggers. ED-10 + ED-4. MacBook Pro (2015), 16G RAM, Big Sur. Superior Drummer 3. Logic Pro.
Mylo

Post by Mylo »

monospace wrote:Minor bug in Build 32: On an input that previously had multiple individual curves applied, I unchecked the "Ind" boxes for each articulation, with the intention that they share a single curve again. However, when I now adjust the curve, the "Ind" box is checked automatically and I have multiple independent curves again. I think the expected and intended behavior is to only have independent curves when the user explicitly checks that box.
Is this the feature that was introduced in build 29?

“Adjusting the curve for an articulation will automatically set it to 'independent'.”
monospace

Post by monospace »

monospace wrote:If that's the case, then I think the implementation needs work. Because when I uncheck that box, I expect the curve to now affect all articulations, but it looks like that only works if I go to the leftmost/main curve and edit that.
I thought the way I had originally implemented it was more confusing. If the general consensus is that it was better before, then I'll change it back.
Miscellaneous Roland triggers. ED-10 + ED-4. MacBook Pro (2015), 16G RAM, Big Sur. Superior Drummer 3. Logic Pro.
MWJT42

Post by MWJT42 »

Feature request: ‘test mode’ option for hi hat controller calibration.

Issue: I calibrate my hi hat controller using the pedal and then manually grab the green bar to make some minor alterations. I then have to exit the calibration to test the settings. I find they need a little tweaking, however when I hit calibrate again, any pedal movement, or it seems 0 is captured if no movement, messes up the manual changes made earlier so I have to start from scratch each time.

Proposed change: a ‘test calibration’ or ‘manual’ mode option that lets me play the hi-hat to test the settings, without exiting calibration mode, which lets me manually tweak the green bar.

Alternative proposal: option to enable controller capture in hi hat calibration, controller capture off by default if calibration already stored. (within advanced mode?)

Use existing workflow, exiting calibration to test, but manual changes can be made relative to previous calibration without risk of resetting it with the controller being automatically captured.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

You shouldn't need to exit to test the setting AFAIK. Secondly, if you don't move the pedal during calibration and instead use the mouse, the calibration won't be reset by pedal movement. Af least that's how it's supposed to work.
MWJT42

Post by MWJT42 »

Rob wrote:You shouldn't need to exit to test the setting AFAIK. Secondly, if you don't move the pedal during calibration and instead use the mouse, the calibration won't be reset by pedal movement. Af least that's how it's supposed to work.
Without exiting, how do I test the manual changes I made without the pedal being captured and resetting them?
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

1. Press Calibrate.
2. Make an adjustment with the mouse.
3. Move your pedal all you want, the settings shouldn't change.

That's how it's supposed to work...I will double check soon.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Tested and works as expect here. I'm on build 33, but I suspect it's working properly on build 32 as well.