Aftetouch is coming to Ableton Live 11

Rob
Site Admin

Aftetouch is coming to Ableton Live 11

Post by Rob »

Apparently Ableton Live 11 is finally supporting aftertouch.
Dadwrshpdrum

Re: Aftetouch is coming to Ableton Live 11

Post by Dadwrshpdrum »

Here is a vdrums forum topic that abelton 11 and aftertouch is still not working. Anyone try this yet with eDRUMin?

https://www.vdrums.com/forum/advanced/v ... ost1247609
TD-17KVX, PD-125BK snare, PDX-100 Tom, PDX-12 Toms, PDX-8 Toms, CY-5 splash, CY-15R ride, CY-13R China. eDRUMin 10 with TD-17 slave module. MacBook Pro (16gb RAM and 1TB SSD). SSD5.5 and EZD2. Abelton Live.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

It's still not implemented. I was mislead.
Dadwrshpdrum

Post by Dadwrshpdrum »

Rob wrote:It's still not implemented. I was mislead.
Yeah, based on the post on other forum I think everyone was mislead. I had read somewhere else about cymbal choking on abelton 11 before I read this post. I was thinking about sticking with Abelton with my set up, but now I’m thinking about switching to Reaper. Pretty annoying not being able to choke cymbals in 2021...
TD-17KVX, PD-125BK snare, PDX-100 Tom, PDX-12 Toms, PDX-8 Toms, CY-5 splash, CY-15R ride, CY-13R China. eDRUMin 10 with TD-17 slave module. MacBook Pro (16gb RAM and 1TB SSD). SSD5.5 and EZD2. Abelton Live.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

It's especially annoying that they are effectively enabling it for their push hardware, but not VSTs. Even more annoying is that the MIDI activity indicator in Live shows that it's receiving the messages, it just filters them out.
hang12

Post by hang12 »

Ableton 11 supposedly supports MPE (Roll Seaboard etc) so it must be capable of utilizing aftertouch, uh somehow.
dsteinschneider

Post by dsteinschneider »

Ableton Lite came with the IK Axe I/O Solo I got recently. I watched a bunch of videos and tested it out. I like it - too bad Lite only allows 8 tracks. It's pretty much a sales promotion.
Martin

Post by Martin »

hang12 wrote:Ableton 11 supposedly supports MPE (Roll Seaboard etc) so it must be capable of utilizing aftertouch, uh somehow.
I think so, but not sure how yet.

Pre MPE support I was using a Chain Choke Group so sample 1 would choke when sample 3 or 4 started triggering. I could see aftertouch messages with MegaDrum and its Manager, but was struggling to set my HH up regardless. I gave up hoping eDRUMin would do better, but I'm still trying to figure it out at this stage. I think Tobi at Ableton Drummer was using SD3 as a VST plugin thru an Ableton drum rack and getting his HH to work. Not sure about aftertouch. I assume he would know.

In that vdrums post link above it appears SD3 works w Ableton and this: https://www.plogue.com/products/bidule.html , but I have no idea how.
Martin

Post by Martin »

Dadwrshpdrum wrote:
Rob wrote:It's still not implemented. I was mislead.
Yeah, based on the post on other forum I think everyone was mislead. I had read somewhere else about cymbal choking on abelton 11 before I read this post. I was thinking about sticking with Abelton with my set up, but now I’m thinking about switching to Reaper. Pretty annoying not being able to choke cymbals in 2021...
Tobi just released this: https://blog.abletondrummer.com/cymbal- ... eton-live/
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Does the note have to be 5 seconds long?