I can not set up 2 drums using a splitter anymore

Rob
Site Admin

Re: I can not set up 2 drums using a splitter anymore

Post by Rob »

Ya, your splitter in not okay. You need dual mono to stereo.

That splitter you linked could never work, so I wonder why you implied that it used to work in your original post.
Relic

Post by Relic »

Rob wrote:It can still work with mono cables. I think your issue is more likely the slitter. Send us a link.
What I meant to say was that im using a mono splitter, I've tried both mono cable as well as stereo cableshttps://www.zzounds.com/item--PGHPYMM?s ... RcQAvD_BwE
Relic

Post by Relic »

Rob wrote:Ya, your splitter in not okay. You need dual mono to stereo.

That splitter you linked could never work, so I wonder why you implied that it used to work in your original post.
For some reason it used to work,but I can't remember how I set it up,either way I've now ordered the stereo to mono cable splitter. The question now becomes should I still keep using those splitters with the dual jack ATV cymbals(it's been working but I'm not sure if I'm better off just using 1 of the cymbal inputs directly to the edrumin without going through a splitter, side as maybe its the same thing?
Relic

Post by Relic »

Anyways thanks to you both for all your help,I am truly greatful for your time
Relic

Post by Relic »

Rob wrote:Ya, your splitter in not okay. You need dual mono to stereo.

So if I understand this correctly that Mono splitters won't even work when connecting a ATV cymbal that has a left & right output?
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

That is correct. The only use for a mono splitter might be to have two separate pads trigger the same sounds.
Relic

Post by Relic »

Rob wrote:That is correct. The only use for a mono splitter might be to have two separate pads trigger the same sounds.
Last question,is there a point in me using the left & right output of my cymbals using a splitter as opposed to just using 1 side plugged in directly?
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Hi Relic,

I'm not aware of cymbals having left and right outputs. I assume you are talking about the Bow/Edge and the Bow/Bell outputs.

You should not be using an ordinary splitter to combine the two outputs. There are, however, special adapters that can combine them so that the pad functions like a Yamaha 3 zone cymbals.
Relic

Post by Relic »

Rob wrote:Hi Relic,

I'm not aware of cymbals having left and right outputs. I assume you are talking about the Bow/Edge and the Bow/Bell outputs.

You should not be using an ordinary splitter to combine the two outputs. There are, however, special adapters that can combine them so that the pad functions like a Yamaha 3 zone cymbals.
Ok I didn't want to waste more of your time unnecessarily so I made 100% sure everything was correct this time.

Heres the situation,I ordered all the parts to make my own splitter cables as well as converter cables for the cymbals,& I then realized the cables I posted are not the cables I have,they are the trs version of those cables not the ts version I posted.https://www.zzounds.com/item--PGHPYSS?s ... TwQAvD_BwE

So those are the cables that for some reason no longer allow me to split my inputs to run 2 snares/toms in edrumin(I know I have to select dual channel mono)

And I tried to make 4 different splitters work,they all send the drumhits to 1 channel of the split dual mono channel I use.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

The splitter you linked to will not work. Here's a link to a splitter that will work.

https://www.zzounds.com/item--HOSSTP20