eDRUMin version 1.4 BETA now available

Rob
Site Admin

Re: eDRUMin version 1.4 BETA now available

Post by Rob »

I see the issue now with a footswitch connected.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

dsteinschneider wrote:Rob asked - Is your hall sensor externally powered?

No but the E10 is plugged into a powered USB hub - a Dlink DUB-H4
This issue is fixed in build 5.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Changes in build 5
  • USB Host port now properly support USB2 MIDI devices.
  • ED10 will properly supply power for pedals again (regression bug)
  • Fixed a display issue when switching between a hihat pedal and a footswitch.
PC
https://www.audiofront.net/eDRUMin_Cont ... .4.0.5.zip

macOS
https://www.audiofront.net/eDRUMin_Cont ... .4.0.5.zip
dsteinschneider

Post by dsteinschneider »

Rob wrote:
dsteinschneider wrote:Rob asked - Is your hall sensor externally powered?

No but the E10 is plugged into a powered USB hub - a Dlink DUB-H4
This issue is fixed in build 5.
Hi Rob,

The Hall effect hi-hat pedal is fixed as you said - thank you!

BTW, I noticed that display issue switching between pedal and footswitch but didn't report it like I should have :shock:
monospace

Post by monospace »

Rob wrote:Changes in build 5
  • Fixed a display issue when switching between a hihat pedal and a footswitch.
Confirmed.
Miscellaneous Roland triggers. ED-10 + ED-4. MacBook Pro (2015), 16G RAM, Big Sur. Superior Drummer 3. Logic Pro.
monospace

Post by monospace »

Got a random crash while I was away from the computer/drumkit, so not sure what caused it. Crash report attached.
edrumin_crashreport_011521.txt.zip
(17.19 KiB) Downloaded 109 times
Miscellaneous Roland triggers. ED-10 + ED-4. MacBook Pro (2015), 16G RAM, Big Sur. Superior Drummer 3. Logic Pro.
Gemini8026

Post by Gemini8026 »

Rob wrote:
Gemini8026 wrote:If my Roland CY12 is plugged into the bell/bow side rather then the Edge/bow I still get a pad compatibility error with the new BETA.

If I plug into the edge bow then switch over inputs I do not get the rror and it works great.
That is likely telling you that that there is an issue with your pad---probably the bell switch is damaged? I tested with my CY-13R and CY15R and I'm able to connection to either jack without a compatibility warning. I know a lot of people modify their Roland Cymbals to try and make the bell trigger more easy. You haven't done that I assume?

No I havent touched it. So just on a side note...

I have tried different inputs and different cables.

If I plug in the pad into bow/bell and select Roland CY12rc I got an error. If I plug into the edge/bow I get no error. If I then unplug from the bow/edge and then plug into the bell/bow without turning the unit off it works great without issue. The minute I turn it on again I get the error. So if I choose to just leave my unit on all the time its fine, however I feel like turning it off just to save component life and such.

Very strange behavior and the cymbal is 100% stock. Im not even sure if there is anything else I can troubleshoot on this because I have gone through pretty much every scenario with it. Hmmm...

On a side note I got my VH-10 in today and its playing great!
gkurtenbach

Post by gkurtenbach »

monospace wrote:Got a random crash while I was away from the computer/drumkit, so not sure what caused it. Crash report attached.
edrumin_crashreport_011521.txt.zip
I had a crash too on saving a preset. How do I get a crash report?
monospace

Post by monospace »

If you’re on MacOS, you’ll get a crash notification alert, which has a “Details” button. Click that button, then copy and paste the info into a new text document.
dsteinschneider

Post by dsteinschneider »

I'm not positive this is a bug. After you upgrade the hi-hat pedal displayd the correct SD3 notes I've been using for pedal close (21) and splash (23) but when I played it triggered note 52 the splash. I fiddled with things for a bit and thought check the other banks. The other banks were set to 52 for the Splash. I changed the Splash in each bank back to 23 and all is well.