I still get random delay/unresponsive when switching between triggers. Anyone else ?

punkouter2021

I still get random delay/unresponsive when switching between triggers. Anyone else ?

Post by punkouter2021 »

I reset machine. I got latest version. I can live with it but it is annoying having to hit the drums randomly about 10 time till it recognizes I changed triggers and want to fix settings.
Rob
Site Admin

Re: I still get random delay/unresponsive when switching between triggers. Anyone else ?

Post by Rob »

I'm not sure what you mean when you say switch triggers.
Mylo

Re: I still get random delay/unresponsive when switching between triggers. Anyone else ?

Post by Mylo »

I believe the OP is referring to the Auto-Select feature.
perceval

Post by perceval »

If it's the Auto-Select you are indeed talking about, or something related, I'm pretty sure it is not the eDRUMin app, but your computer inducing lag because it is working on other things in the background.

Are you on a PC?

Here's a very good optimisation tutorial for Windows and it made my PC behave like a nice fast audio machine without any lag, or pops and crackle when running at lower latency. It will make sure it allocates all of its power on the task you are doing, and not spread itself thin over a bunch of extraneous apps running in the background.

https://www.audinate.com/learning/faqs/ ... erformance

For example, I installed Steam on it at some point because I wanted to try a little game. I'm not a gamer, but just wanted to have a little fun.
Steam hogs a PC all the time, running in the background and taking a lot of valuable resources. Same thing goes for FB app, IG, etc... I cleaned all of those away and followed the tutorial above. I now have a lean fast machine that has a CPU that is 6+ years old, a very basic video card, a good old spinning HD, and still... clean and responsive.

I also have a Mac, that one behaves a lot better than the PC for Audio duty. That's another story.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I'm guessing punkouter2021 is talking about the 3 second delay where auto-select is disabled after doing an edit. This is implemented so that the auto-select can't suddenly switch inputs while another input is being edited.

I can probably handle this more intelligently by only disabling auto-select when the mouse is dragging on a control. I'll see if I can get it in version 1.4, which is almost ready for BETA testing.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I've implemented this in version 1.4. Auto-Select will only be disabled when a control is actively being adjusted or an input is being calibrated.
punkouter2021

Post by punkouter2021 »

Yes it is the auto select. The laptop is fast and has minimum software.

As far as it only happening when I do an edit I am not sure.. I will try again and get back to you
punkouter2021

Post by punkouter2021 »

It just seems to happen randomly.

Also todays problem is

I have the Yamaha pd120 snare and and I select the 3 zone Yamaha pad and after a half second I get incompatible. I have a stereo plug. Any idea?

I seem to be getting all the problems no one else has.