Go-eDrum controller

Building your own? Need help with your designs? You've come to the right place.
mprinz

Go-eDrum controller

Post by mprinz »

Hi,

I read this post:

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=868&start=20#p5844
MWJT42 wrote: The stand mounted Goedrum GHC (classed as 'pedal' in eDRUMin... :roll:) is my controller. Coupled with Superior Drummer 3 makes an awesome combo.
by MWJT42 and ordered the Go-eDrum controller, or the universal hi-hat controller from Drum-Tec.

It was quite expensive and 69,00 € and what is it? A simple, really simple sliding potentiometer!!! A jack, 2 wires and potentionmeter.
I was like, WHAT!!! But, that's really behaves quite well, as MWJT42 mentioned - and - it gives a better, smoother signal at the eDrumIn than the
Hall sensor, maybe because the Hall signal is already processed by the amp and other components on the DRV5056 chip.

Is somebody reading who build a hi hat controller with a slider pot?

69 € I am still impressed. Ok, the case is the thing thats not easy to make (without a 3D printer), and the pot seems to be quite solid and slides very smooth and easy.
DIY: What about using some tubes?

May I post this:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tBRMPq ... sp=sharing

Regards
Sly

Re: Go-eDrum controller

Post by Sly »

I thought this Goedrum controller was FSR based... I'm curious to know how well it will works after one year sliding 150 times a day... DIYers have made many tries with those sliding pot, including me 15 years ago, and everyone gave up it because the pot died too quickly...
FSR and Hall effect sensor are indestructible.
mprinz

Post by mprinz »

Hi Sly,

ok, yeah, thats what I thought. But the response of a FSR is not linear. Might not be important.
And the Alesis/Millenium controller is a photoelectric barrier with a comb-like moving slider going through it.
But that comb has only 5 teeth...

I am still curious how would those optical distance detectors manage that task...

I think, I will stay at the Hall sensor, it is contactless. I have an FSR available and want to try the solution
underneath the hihat cymbal ... In Germany, we got the second lockdown, so I have some time. :roll:

What about rotary or linear encoders? Too much?

Regards
anton

Post by anton »

What about something like this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Optical-Hi-H ... 4416045169

Curious to try it. But my controller from DrumTec works perfectly right now