eDRUMin version 1.3.1 BETA

Rob
Site Admin

Re: eDRUMin version 1.3.1 BETA

Post by Rob »

Doing some fine tuning. Wait for build 7.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Changes in build 8
  • Pedal Sensing Reliability Improvements
  • Fixed a bug that was cause hihat splashes to always register with a velocity of 127.
If you notice any sort of weird hihat / pedal input behavior, please let me know.
Polyphonics

Post by Polyphonics »

I really appreciate the speed in which you bring out updates Rob, just thought I should say that for once instead of continuous bug reports!
lalo

Post by lalo »

I'm having some issues regarding chicks triggering bow hits, out of 5 chicks 1 is triggered as bow hit, this is more evident in vst's that only have edge articulations on the hihat, I get 4 chicks and the 5th triggers nothing.
Edit: Ok, I recalibrated the pedal and it is better, now out of 10 chicks 1 triggers bow.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

You're using impact mode right? That's not the kind of wierdness I'm talking about. Impact mode currently depends on very well tuned settings. Maybe it in the future, I'll find a way to make it a bit smarter, but that's not coming in version 1.3.1.

In terms of wierdness, I'm talking about the pedal 'sense' feature not functioning properly.
lalo

Post by lalo »

Yes, impact mode, ok, it works for me now, I remembered a tip from the great Jman (RIP), when calibrating the closed pedal, rest your foot on the plate and set the closed pedal limit there instead of the full heel up pressing down.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Changes in build 9
  • Scan time and hold time are now set during the calibration routine.
  • Turning calibration on and off without hitting the pad will no longer change settings (except threshold).
  • Hitting the edge of a cymbal will no longer pull down the gain.
  • Calibration related UI bug fixes.
This should amount to a huge improvement in the calibration experience. The procedure for calibrating a dual piezo mesh pad has changed. You should no longer attempt rimshots during calibration. The correct procedure is outline below:

1. Hit the pad off-center (avoid the sensor area) to calibrate the gain.
1. Hit all around the edge of the pad in order for the hold time to be properly set.
2. Hit the rim of the pad to calibrate the xStick scaler.
MWJT42

Post by MWJT42 »

Rob wrote:Changes in build 9
  • Scan time and hold time are now set during the calibration routine.
  • Turning calibration on and off without hitting the pad will no longer change settings (except threshold).
  • Hitting the edge of a cymbal will no longer pull down the gain.
  • Calibration related UI bug fixes.
This should amount to a huge improvement in the calibration experience. The procedure for calibrating a dual piezo mesh pad has changed. You should no longer attempt rimshots during calibration. The correct procedure is outline below:

1. Hit the pad off-center (avoid the sensor area) to calibrate the gain.
1. Hit all around the edge of the pad in order for the hold time to be properly set.
2. Hit the rim of the pad to calibrate the xStick scaler.
Brilliant stuff, really pleased the scan and hold are now involved.

Although,I will absolutely forget the new procedure...!

Can the new procedure be written into the UI somehow?

Maybe a splash screen, if calibration is clicked on a dual input mesh pad?
lalo

Post by lalo »

what about mesh pads with side sensor? I guess the calibration method is optimised for pads with center sensor?
monospace

Post by monospace »

I'm just noticing some minor cosmetic glitches, most notably the Gain and Thresh display randomly disappearing from the UI. (Without even having used the Calibration feature.)
Screen Shot 2020-09-28 at 4.53.15 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-09-28 at 4.53.15 PM.png (24.41 KiB) Viewed 1107 times
Miscellaneous Roland triggers. ED-10 + ED-4. MacBook Pro (2015), 16G RAM, Big Sur. Superior Drummer 3. Logic Pro.