Gewa G9 18" 3 zone ride cymbal

lalo

Gewa G9 18" 3 zone ride cymbal

Post by lalo »

this is the wiring of a Gewa G9 18" 3 zone ride cymbal (piezo, switch, switch):
gewa18.jpeg
gewa18.jpeg (316.52 KiB) Viewed 1124 times
does that mean the edrumin would see it as a yamaha 3 zone with one cable?
Rob
Site Admin

Re: Zildjian LV converted test

Post by Rob »

I would say no. Looks like it has two separate outputs. You can make a special cable to gang the two output from a Roland style 3-Zone ride to a single Yamaha 3-Zone ride, though.
lalo

Re: Zildjian LV converted test

Post by lalo »

Ok, testing done, this cymbal works perfectly as 3 zone with one single cable set up as yamaha 3 zone, it is lightweight and 110€ cheaper than the atv 18“, only disadvantage is that it’s loud! It’s like hitting a bucket! Or it’s maybe because I didn’t mount it correctly on a cymbal stand because I’m using roland rack and the rod is too short For the stopper and felt, I need to get the right one
ayjaysmith

Re: Gewa G9 18" 3 zone ride cymbal

Post by ayjaysmith »

I’ve also been attempting to make a Yamaha-style 3 zone with Myrk membrane switches - where does the second lead from the edge trigger connect? I only see one going thru the resistor to the ring.

Forgive my lack of electrical knowledge. The bow and bell work, but I’ve either soldered something poorly or I’ve missed a connection altogether.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Both the edge and bell switch should connect to the ring, however the edge should got though a 10k resistor. I'm pretty sure the eDRUMin manual has wiring diagrams at the back.
dsteinschneider

Post by dsteinschneider »

@ajaysmith - please let us know your progress on this. I've been using Myrk membranes underneath on Pintech practice cymabls for choke only. I've been thinking about putting the membrane on top covered with foam.
ayjaysmith

Post by ayjaysmith »

I referenced the diagram which helped for the bell (membrane switch) and bow (piezo). My confusion was with the second “non-resistored”connection of the edge switch as it’s not drawn to show it linking up. I’ll try that, thanks!
ayjaysmith

Post by ayjaysmith »

No luck. I may give it another shot with a Roland style dual trs.

Probably better off just buying a Yamaha 135 in retrospect.
ayjaysmith

Post by ayjaysmith »

No luck with either the Roland or Yamaha methods. I don't want to hijack this thread with everything I tried unless OP is OK with it.

I ended up with a PCY135 and it's good to go.