eDRUMin version 1.3.1 BETA

Rob
Site Admin

Re: eDRUMin version 1.3.1 BETA

Post by Rob »

It the calculated position hasn't changed, eDRUMin doesn't resend cc. You think it should be sent anyway?
lalo

Post by lalo »

ah cool, didn't know that. no I think it's better if it doesn't resend it, I was just checking the midi monitor and I saw one 0 there but afterwards nothing so I thought it wasn't sending it properly
MWJT42

Post by MWJT42 »

Rob wrote:It the calculated position hasn't changed, eDRUMin doesn't resend cc.
What's the normal practice for this, do Roland modules always resend? Trying to work out what SD3 etc might be expecting.

Also, what's the threshold for change, if the position has changed by only 1 - does that then get sent?

Or, is the whole range not 0-127 calculated, but just 3 set numbers for each position? If 0-127 range is sent, we could potentially use any centre mounted mesh system like the Danny Carey mandala type pads, with the right software.
lalo

Post by lalo »

Roland sends cc every hit. Don’t get me wrong, positional sensing in the edrumin works great, I also don’t expect a variation from 0-127 for every millimeter distance from the center, not even roland can do that, I had a td12 and the ps jumped all over the place, I had a td-30 and it was better but still not 1-1 as to hit position-cc sent. Also the SD3 samples are not that precise as well, they recorded 3 positions center, off-center, edge, that’s all I need.
So in short, edrumin sends 0 for center, 64-126 for off center and 127 for edge. Just those 3.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Changes in build 5
  • More positional sensing tweaks
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I'm pushing the hardware to its limit. I'm trying to squeeze every last bit of precision from the firmware. There might be a few other tricks I can come up with to get a better transition from center to off center, but I think ultimately I'll need to do more RnD into my trigger circuit to make anymore significant headway.
lalo

Post by lalo »

Just installed and tested, this one is the smoothest ever, transitions feel more natural from center to off-center, great job. You can take a break now for real :)
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Thank-you.
monospace

Post by monospace »

Been playing buzzrolls all over the snare for the past 20 minutes and it sounds super smooth to me. I have nothing to compare it to though. This seems to be on par with Roland’s digital snare. You could maybe squeeze some more finesse out of it if you were able to manipulate the samples, but Toontrack only has three articulations so I guess that’s the limit. A joy to play!
Miscellaneous Roland triggers. ED-10 + ED-4. MacBook Pro (2015), 16G RAM, Big Sur. Superior Drummer 3. Logic Pro.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Awesome.