Fixing Abletons cymbal choking

Iskulaatikko

Fixing Abletons cymbal choking

Post by Iskulaatikko »

Hey!

First off, been happy with the edrumin 10 as it works like a charm, thanks for a great product and great support!

I was wondering about something if it could be fixed through edrumin, i’m no expert on how things work so maybe this is a long shot...

Ableton Live to my knowledge doesn’t support polyphonic aftertouch and that’s the reason i can’t choke any cymbals while using SD3 in Ableton Live, standalone works just fine. The problem is i’d like to choke them also when i have my live gigs whole set programmed in live. So i’m thinking:

Can edrumin somehow take that poly signal and translate it to something else (non-polyphonic aftertouch, some cc, a midi note) that ableton can read?

If i’m missing some dumb thing here thst everybody else knows of that will solve this would also help. :D

Not sure if this is a common issue for many but i’m sure this could also be a selling point for those who uses ableton.
Rob
Site Admin

Re: Fixing Abletons cymbal choking

Post by Rob »

You can have the the unit send note on/off messages instead. What software are you triggering?
Iskulaatikko

Post by Iskulaatikko »

Rob wrote:You can have the the unit send note on/off messages instead. What software are you triggering?
Superior Drummer 3, works fine standalone but not in ableton.

How can i change it to send notes instead? :o

Edit: I figured it out. So yeah, i didn’t check that in the cymbal options there’s an on switch for sending mute as a note, and selected the note.

On sd3 on the other hand i looked for a while and realized it wasn’t kn the settings menu but in the drums view that k had to select mute tail and see that it matches the sending note, so i didn’t find it at first.

Works perfect now. So nice. This device just gets better abd better for me it seems :D
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Great. Can you attach a screenshot of the setting in SD3 you adjusted? I do all my testing in Ableton because it's the only DAW that allows for hot plugging USB MIDI devices.