eDRUMin 1.3 BETA now available (again)

Rob
Site Admin

Re: eDRUMin 1.3 BETA now available (again)

Post by Rob »

You need to lift your foot off during the down stroke. There pedal needs to be able to bounce back uninhibited. Send me another video showing me you calibrating the pedal and then attempting to do a splash.
monospace

Post by monospace »

Also make sure you adjust the velocity curve for chicks and splashes in SD3. I find I can trigger the notes themselves reliably on the eDrumIn, but the samples inside SD3 are recorded way too quietly for my taste. (Just click the articulations with your mouse and you’ll see what I mean.)

EDIT: actually scratch that. Those were my observations from an older beta version. The new Gain knob does a much better job of adjusting the velocities for these articulations. Somewhere between 10 and 20 works great on my VH-10.
Miscellaneous Roland triggers. ED-10 + ED-4. MacBook Pro (2015), 16G RAM, Big Sur. Superior Drummer 3. Logic Pro.
lalo

Post by lalo »

Mylo wrote:So I just tried it. Went as fast I could go and lifted my foot completely off of it on the up stroke. Still nothing. I can do splashes on a real hi-hat. I’m not convinced technique is the issue. I’ll have to see some video of this working. Maybe when you do your video I’ll understand it better.
If you see the video I posted in another thread you can see I'm triggering a splash with note 23, so it works. What doesn't work and can't get to trigger is what this guy calls "hihat kick", in roland it works fine
https://youtu.be/s2NpYW2FZGU?t=133
MWJT42

Post by MWJT42 »

Anyone else experiencing random drop outs lately?

Occasionally a random kick, hat or tom won't register at all. Not sure if the cross talk default has increased in one of the later builds, or if there is something else that might be causing it. I can't seem to reliable make the issue appear unfortunately.

Could just be my DIY triggers are failing, but seems unlikely in multiple pads and in my goedrum hat pad too.
monospace

Post by monospace »

Now that you mention it, I've had all midi output go away on a few (3 or 4) occasions in the past couple of days. Seemingly at random, everything stops responding. The device still shows as connected in the control app though, but no hits are registering and no midi is being sent out. I had to powercycle to restore normal functionality. Been meaning to bring it up but I can't seem to reproduce it.
Last edited by monospace on Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Miscellaneous Roland triggers. ED-10 + ED-4. MacBook Pro (2015), 16G RAM, Big Sur. Superior Drummer 3. Logic Pro.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I'll look into it. Might be a divide by zero situation.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Changes in build 16
  • Reduced time required to produce hihat heel splash.
  • Reduced velocity required to produce hihat heel splash.
  • Adjustments to improve hihat pedal / cymbal crosstalk cancellation.
  • Fixed a UI issue for devices plugged into the ED10 host port.
  • Fixed a possible divide by zero issue.
lalo

Post by lalo »

wanted to download it but now it's build 17, downloaded it and the edrumin10 stucks on my mac at waiting...
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Power cycle and try again. Looks like that issue is happening a fair bit. I'll grab a bunch of devices and try to reproduce.
jacko

Post by jacko »

MWJT42 wrote:Anyone else experiencing random drop outs lately?

Occasionally a random kick, hat or tom won't register at all. Not sure if the cross talk default has increased in one of the later builds, or if there is something else that might be causing it. I can't seem to reliable make the issue appear unfortunately.

Could just be my DIY triggers are failing, but seems unlikely in multiple pads and in my goedrum hat pad too.
On my ED4, I'm still back on version 10. If I hit the bass drum and the hi-hat edge simultaneously I get no hi-hat. There's another cancellation too (hi-hat pedal and ride or tom I think) but I didn't raise it here because I thought it was just a cross-talk issue and I haven't bothered with dialling any of that in since I'm a number of versions behind and been waiting for the ED10 to arrive.

So might be related or might be totally unrelated.