eDRUMin 1.3 BETA now available (again)

dsteinschneider

Re: eDRUMin 1.3 BETA now available (again)

Post by dsteinschneider »

jacko wrote:Thanks for all the improvements Rob. I was impressed with the ED4 when I bought it but not blown away. But the improvements you've made are significant and it's a formidable contribution to the e-drum world now - up there with the contributions of Roland and Toontrack in my opinion.
Agree with Jacko except I was blown away by the initial ED4 because I had been working really hard to get my MegaDrum dialed in and the ED4 took just minutes to better triggering than I had achieved previously. The 1.3 series of improvements are game changers. The hi-hat is performing very much like an acoustic hi-hat when triggering Superior Drummer.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Changes in build 12
  • Fixed some issues with bank changes with another eDRUMin plugged into host port.
  • Small 'stand' method tweaks.
  • Fixed some cosmetic issues.
MWJT42

Post by MWJT42 »

Not sure if this has been discussed before, but is there any way of adding a separate (or relative) gain to the 2nd piezo in a dual trigger setup?

My snare shell piezo is much hotter than my mesh head, which eDRUMin can cope with, but it's on the threshold of what's usable when it comes to dialling in rimshot and side stick. Turning down the shell relative to the head, would give me more headroom to play with.

There's obvious potential for user-error to this approach, as it would drastically affect the rim shot and side stick calibration if altered later, but perhaps if a relative gain setting was used (+ or -), the current rimshot setting could adjust to compensate?
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

In the very early days of eDRUMin, there were separate gain controls for the two piezos. That was dropped for the sake of simplicity. You are using a DIY pad or is it commercially available?
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I've posted build 14 with a tiny fix for using a sustain pedal to send note on / off messages. I want to thank everyone for helping me test version 1.3. I'm confident it is the most polished version to date. I'm uploading it to the main download page. If you find any more issues, please continue to post here and I'll get them resolved in the version 1.3.1 a little further down the road. Thanks again for you help and support.

Rob
monospace

Post by monospace »

Only issue I'm still seeing is random crashes of the control app, especially when Auto Select is enabled. Not a show stopper for me, but something to look into for 1.3.1.

Haven't used the iOs version in a while, will there be a updated version of that as well?
Miscellaneous Roland triggers. ED-10 + ED-4. MacBook Pro (2015), 16G RAM, Big Sur. Superior Drummer 3. Logic Pro.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Yup, working on it today. Is no crash report generated?
monospace

Post by monospace »

The random crashes are on MacOS.

Haven’t used the iOS app in the past two weeks because I had to rewire stuff after getting the ED10, but getting up and walking over to the computer rack for every little adjustment is getting a little tiresome. So if there’s a new version to test I’m all in.
Miscellaneous Roland triggers. ED-10 + ED-4. MacBook Pro (2015), 16G RAM, Big Sur. Superior Drummer 3. Logic Pro.
MWJT42

Post by MWJT42 »

Rob wrote:In the very early days of eDRUMin, there were separate gain controls for the two piezos. That was dropped for the sake of simplicity. You are using a DIY pad or is it commercially available?
Would a rotary knob (relative gain - /+) above the gain fader allow for this flexibility, but still keep the simplicity?

Mine is a DIY pad, using Jobeky AI trigger bar.
Head trigger is dead centre, shell piezo is stuck (using 2mm foam tape) at the 6 o'clock position, about 2 inches down from bearing edge.

EDIT - you can ignore this, I added a little more foam tape in between the piezo and shell, and it's behaving as expected now.
MWJT42

Post by MWJT42 »

Rob, there seems to be a fast stepping bug reintroduced in build 14.

I can no longer trigger any open sounds in between the fast steps, only closed.