eDRUMin 1.3 BETA now available (again)

MWJT42

Re: eDRUMin 1.3 BETA now available (again)

Post by MWJT42 »

Mylo wrote:
Light bulb going off
Brilliant.

Well done for asking when you didn't understand, not enough people do that.

I hope you can get your snare dialled in!
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Changes in build 9
  • Further tweaked the sensitivity of the edge switches.
  • Minor cosmetic changes to rimshot range control.
I've got confirmation that this is now working reliably for a troublesome Roland CY-5. To help test this build, check to make sure that 'low' sensitivity is sensitive enough to pick up all your edge and bell switches. If people happy with 'low' then I can remove the control altogether.

Rob
monospace

Post by monospace »

Rob wrote:MWJT42, your description of the control is spot on. I could not have said it better myself.

A challenging part of writing a manual is to say everything you need to say and at the same time to occupy the correct amount of space on a page. Tricky.
Thanks everyone for clarifying!

One thing that's clear to me now is that one of my three otherwise identical PD-80Rs has a weak rim piezo and needs a little extra TLC. Knowing what exactly I'm adjusting in the control definitely helps with that.
Miscellaneous Roland triggers. ED-10 + ED-4. MacBook Pro (2015), 16G RAM, Big Sur. Superior Drummer 3. Logic Pro.
jacko

Post by jacko »

Rob wrote: I've got confirmation that this is now working reliably for a troublesome Roland CY-5. To help test this build, check to make sure that 'low' sensitivity is sensitive enough to pick up all your edge and bell switches. If people happy with 'low' then I can remove the control altogether.

Rob
i’ll test this in the next couple of days and report back. unlikely to be tonight
dsteinschneider

Post by dsteinschneider »

After I switched my Link to the input 3 my PCY135 hi-hat is plugged into I started have missed hits on edge or bow after opening then closing the hi-hat. I fixed it by switching from Pedal to Stand and lowering the crosstalk a bit. Setup is single PCY135 on Ludwig stand with DIY Hall effect sensor.
monospace

Post by monospace »

Can confirm that the CY-5 response is much improved. I have it plugged into a regular Dual Zone Cymbal input and bow and edge respond proportionally, with Edge Scaler at 1.0 and Sensitivity kept on Low. I do need to bump up the Gain a fair bit to make it match the response of my other Roland cymbals.
Miscellaneous Roland triggers. ED-10 + ED-4. MacBook Pro (2015), 16G RAM, Big Sur. Superior Drummer 3. Logic Pro.
lalo

Post by lalo »

Couldn't update the software with the older beta but this one works
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Changes in build 10
  • Further tweaked the sensitivity of the edge switches.
  • Renamed the 'xTalk' control for stand mode to 'Thresh'.
  • Swapped the positions and of the 'Scaler' and 'Thresh' controls for 'stand' mode.
  • Removed the edge sensitivity control.
Edge switch sensitivity is now scaled with the strength of the signal on the piezo, so we get high sensitivity and when we need it, and low when we don't. I'll give this version a couple more days and assuming no significant issues come up, I'll add it to the download page. Thanks everyone for your feedback and testing. It's really appreciated.
Mylo

Post by Mylo »

When we were talking about the rim shot control I mentioned that for the rim hit I never get an indicator. For head and rim shot the indicator is there but when I hit the rim no indicator. Is anybody else seeing this?
Last edited by Mylo on Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I can look into that. It's just registering at the extreme far right, and therefore off the map if you will. Should be an easy fix.