eDRUMin 1.3 BETA now available (again)

MWJT42

Re: eDRUMin 1.3 BETA now available (again)

Post by MWJT42 »

Rob wrote: Where should I draw those labels?
I was imaging a 'SS' and 'RS' floating in the centre on their black and green boxes
Mylo

Post by Mylo »

Hopefully we’re not sounding too ungrateful. The controller software and the platform as a whole is incredible. To plug in a pad and having it playing sounds after a quick 20 second calibration is nothing short of phenomenal. I guarantee you Roland has noticed this product and they are talking about it in meetings. If you were to start forming partnerships with Toontrack or BFD... imagination running wild here. Maybe my dream of an “Open” module will come true.
Last edited by Mylo on Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mylo

Post by Mylo »

MWJT42 wrote:
Rob wrote: Where should I draw those labels?
I was imaging a 'SS' and 'RS' floating in the centre on their black and green boxes
But what Rob is saying is that if the range is incredibly small like in his first image there is no room for the text.

Rob,
How about a multi level label

Rimshot Range
Ctr/RM/SS
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I totally agree that that tool tip information is not important. That's why I've never shown it. The whole idea of have the graph is that the user can just hit their pad and 'see' exactly what they need to do.
Mylo

Post by Mylo »

Rob wrote:I totally agree that that tool tip information is not important. That's why I've never shown it. The whole idea of have the graph is that the user can just hit their pad and 'see' exactly what they need to do.
Then I go back to my idea of having a simple graph like PS. A bar with a green range that indicates the rimshot range. Everything to the left of the green range is a center hit, everything to the right of it is a rim. Just adjust the green range so that the right sounds are played. Now we have two controls that work off the same metaphor... so less to learn.

If the power user comes along wanting that threshold information you can pop it up or just overlay it somewhere underneath the control.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

So you're saying give everyone worse triggering for the sake of simplifying the control?
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Thanks everyone for the impassioned suggestions. I will remove the black lines and leave everything else as it was for now.
MWJT42

Post by MWJT42 »

Mylo wrote:Hopefully we’re not sounding too ungrateful. The controller software and the platform as a whole is incredible. To plug in a pad and having it playing sounds after a quick 20 second calibration is nothing short of phenomenal. I guarantee you Roland has noticed this product and they are talking about it in meetings. If you were to start forming partnerships with Toontrack or BFD... imagination running wild here. Maybe my dream of an “Open” module will come true.
100%. edrumin is a game changer.

Huge gap in the market as no VSTi or DIY A2E drummer wants to fettle with the tiny settings control in a module, or pay extra for the unused (awful) sound modelling.

Very excited to be 'part' of it on here in its relative infancy.

Rob, ever considered a Patreon, as my one off purchase can only support you so far?

Also wondered if you would consider putting the source on GitHub for community contributions?
Mylo

Post by Mylo »

Rob wrote:So you're saying give everyone worse triggering for the sake of simplifying the control?
No absolutely not... but by your question I still don’t seem to get this control and what you’re getting out of it to set up a trigger response. I’m saying, that as a user, I see the sole purpose of this control is to build a rimshot range. I’m not sure how this differ from building a PS range. What you do with the numbers underneath is totally up to you.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Mylo,

The reason I can't remove that area below the green rimshot region is that on a lot of pads, light hits on the rim will register there. If I took out that part of the graph, they would look like they are falling in the rimshot region. Does that make sense?