eDRUMin 1.3 BETA now available (again)

monospace

Re: eDRUMin 1.3 BETA now available (again)

Post by monospace »

Flawless hi-hat implementation! Congrats. Appreciate the splash sensitivity option; it works very well. This is as close to a real hi-hat feel as I've ever encountered on an electronic kit. And that alone could be your main selling point.

I don't care much for the hi-hat checkbox options; the first two give me no splash, the third one gives me a chick all the time; but I know those features were special requests so if they work with someones's playing style, have at it. I just leave those unchecked.

I'm still noticing minor inconsistencies with the Auto Follow option. Works fine upon a fresh start, tends to lag or not follow much at all after a while. Other than that, solid new beta.
Miscellaneous Roland triggers. ED-10 + ED-4. MacBook Pro (2015), 16G RAM, Big Sur. Superior Drummer 3. Logic Pro.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

monospace wrote:I don't care much for the hi-hat checkbox options; the first two give me no splash, the third one gives me a chick all the time; but I know those features were special requests so if they work with someones's playing style, have at it. I just leave those unchecked
I can see an issue with the 'fast stepping fix'. I'll fix that. The issue is not apparent in SD3, so you must be triggering on your Roland module?
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Fixed for the next build. Thank-you.
monospace

Post by monospace »

I actually ditched my Roland module last week and I'm all eDrumIn now. (Woo hoo!) I think the hihat works great "out of the box" in the new beta.

Again, no real opinion on the special checkbox options. I tried them, they seem to work as advertised, but they're not for me or my playing style.
Miscellaneous Roland triggers. ED-10 + ED-4. MacBook Pro (2015), 16G RAM, Big Sur. Superior Drummer 3. Logic Pro.
lalo

Post by lalo »

monospace wrote:I actually ditched my Roland module last week and I'm all eDrumIn now. (Woo hoo!) I think the hihat works great "out of the box" in the new beta.

Again, no real opinion on the special checkbox options. I tried them, they seem to work as advertised, but they're not for me or my playing style.
Are you using SD3? can you do fast tempo chicks without hearing anything else in between?
dsteinschneider

Post by dsteinschneider »

Are you using SD3? can you do fast tempo chicks without hearing anything else in between?
Yes, to both.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Changes in build 6
  • Fixed a crash when changing the cymbal type of the Bell Sense control
  • Hihat CC is now correctly sent when triggering a splash while using 'fast stepping fix' or 'only send with hit'
  • Temporarily added a 'switch sensitivity control' for testing purposes.
The switch sensitivity control defaults to 'low' while previously the sensitivity was hard coded as 'high'. If people are not seeing any issues with 'low' and it resolves some overly sensitive edge switches reported in another thread, I will hard code the sensitivity as 'low'.
monospace

Post by monospace »

lalo wrote:
monospace wrote: Again, no real opinion on the special checkbox options. I tried them, they seem to work as advertised, but they're not for me or my playing style.
With none of the checkboxes checked? Yes, I can, but every so often there's a hint of a splash mixed in, probably because of my sloppy technique. :oops: It adds to the realism. :D
monospace

Post by monospace »

Is there a way to duplicate banks or do I have to manually recreate my mappings for each?
Iskulaatikko

Post by Iskulaatikko »

I’m trying to install this but it keeps just getting stuck in waiting...

First time it failed and i had to downgrade to 1.2 and install things again, now i’m trying a second time. My macbook has been acting up today so could be just on my end, it’s been slow in certain tasks anyway.

How long should the firmware upgrade take on average? My mac was taking forever to install the control software too so my disk may be busted or something...

First i was afraid that i bricked the whole thing as it lost connection for a while. I’ll let it run and i’ll just go to bed. See if it works in the morning. I think it’s just my mac being slow...