You asked for it

Rob
Site Admin

Re: You asked for it

Post by Rob »

Pim wrote:How much Ampere would the 9V battery need to provide in order to power the ED10 externally?
The ED10 draws about 100mA and needs a minimum of 7V. But if you're using the Host port, then that number's going to go up. The host post can supply up to 500mA.
Pim wrote:I see that the ED10 has two controller inputs. Apart from using to HH pedals, can I also use one input to plug in a footswitch or sustain pedal to cycle through banks?
Absolutely.
Pim wrote:If yes: In case I connect another ED4 (or ED10) via the USB host, would I be able to cycle through their banks too or would I need a second footswitch plugged into their controller input to cycle through their banks?
Good question. I think the answer is yes / no. You can control the 'selected' input on any of the devices, and probably 'all inputs' of every device. I can't be sure what I ended up doing in that regard.
Pim wrote:If I plug my 4 ED4 into a USB hub and then connect that HUB into the USB host of the ED10, would that work (i.e. 26 inputs)?
Yes, with crosstalk cancellation between the devices, and inputs / devices are all auto-selectable from the control application.
Pim wrote:And let's say I connect my Yamaha Multipad 12 into the ED10 via the USB host or MIDI in, would I be able to change the trigger settings of the Yamaha Multi-12 via the GUI of the eDrumin? (As far as I know, the Multi-12 is USB class compliant.)
No, you will not. But the MIDI from the ED10 and any connected ED4 will be piped to the Multi-12, so you'll be able to trigger sounds.
Pim

Post by Pim »

As always, thanks for the fast replies. This looks so awesome.
Mylo

Post by Mylo »

Awesome! It will be hard not to order one just to have it. It looks so sleek.
flaviolovestodrum

Post by flaviolovestodrum »

Rob wrote: No, you will not. But the MIDI from the ED10 and any connected ED4 will be piped to the Multi-12, so you'll be able to trigger sounds.
So, if I understand this correctly, the usb midi port can be used both for in and out? As, for example, if I connect a drum module that is usb midi compliant into the host usb I can send midi that is being produced by playing in the triggers attached to the module to the ED10 and at the same time trigger sounds in the module by playing the pads attached to the ED10. And all that midi is sent through the main usb to the PC? Is that correct?
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

It really depends on the module, but you are correct in saying that MIDI flows both in and out of devices connected to the host port.
flaviolovestodrum

Post by flaviolovestodrum »

Rob wrote:It really depends on the module, but you are correct in saying that MIDI flows both in and out of devices connected to the host port.
Well, according to my tests, my module can do it. At least on reaper I can send notes through midi out to the Alesis module on at least two channels (1 & 10, piano and percussion, the alesis module has an internal soundbank for piano, which I found out after starting to learn the ins and outs of midi because of my interest in eDRUMin), and at the same time play along on the drums and record those notes on reaper or send them to a VST, and at the same time being able to hear these notes being played by the module. All at the same time and no special drivers or setup, so I assume it would work with the Alesis NItro.

(All to say that ED10 is what I need and want after the slight disappointment of previous Edrumin device not being ideal to include in my workflow, mainly due to the limitations of the alesis nitro. See viewtopic.php?f=29&t=662)
grtriage

Post by grtriage »

This looks perfect for me -any idea what shipping costs to Canada will be?
Greg
dsteinschneider

Post by dsteinschneider »

Heads up to current E4 owners ordering - use your most recent transaction ID
AKA Wayne

Post by AKA Wayne »

I don’t check the board for a month and this is the first thing I see!!!! Amazing Rob! Now who wants to buy my td12 so I can get this???
Polyphonics

Post by Polyphonics »

Wow I think you're going to take the market by storm with this, will ED4s and ED10s share the same "brains"?

I'm wondering now if I should have waited instead of buying 4 modules but I suppose my cash helped fund this :)