status light flashing orange

evh0u812

status light flashing orange

Post by evh0u812 »

Hey Rob, went through the manuals and did a search but couldn't find the answer. My three units all have a flashing orange status light. What does that mean? I'm having issues every 5 minutes or so with three cymbals plugged into the same unit. Each one periodically stops triggering and give me a muted hit sound. It goes back to normal if I unplug/replug in the cymbal. Any ideas?
Rob
Site Admin

Re: status light flashing orange

Post by Rob »

What version of the firmware are you using?
evh0u812

Post by evh0u812 »

I put the new beta on there a few days ago. 4th revision.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

The status light is used during normal operation to indicate what's going on in the device. It's not well documented, but I'll put that on my list of things to do.

In your case it's indicating a compatibility issue (which there isn't). I'm guessing that the eDRUMin doesn't like your TRS jacks. Are you using home made cabled by chance?
evh0u812

Post by evh0u812 »

No they're the leads from my Alesis Strike kit. Will swap out and see what happens.
evh0u812

Post by evh0u812 »

Ok quick update. Playing around with all three units, I actually found plugging anything into the second input of any of the units made the orange light flash. This would eventually lead to the cymbals just giving a choke sound instead of a full hit. No matter which pad or cymbal was plugged into the second inputs Id get the same result.
These results were consistent with the last two beta firmwares. Including the new one that has the modification for the cymbal choke issue.
I just downgraded all 3 units to the last official firmware and the triggering results are perfect with no orange lights anymore.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Thanks for the update. I will do some thorough testing tomorrow.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

The flashing light is a not an issue. It was just a something I had done during testing to make sure Roland style 3 zone (two inputs) was working properly. It won't flash anymore in the next BETA. I will continue to try to reproduce the choking issue.

Thanks,
Rob
Polyphonics

Post by Polyphonics »

I had this too and I'm not using beta

I managed to fix it by finding the problem trigger then just unplugging and replugging it

If it happens again I'll report it here
evh0u812

Post by evh0u812 »

Unplugging and re plugging mine fixed the problem too but it would happen every 3 or 4 minutes to three different random cymbals.