Larger units with more inputs?

BenoitL

Re: Larger units with more inputs?

Post by BenoitL »

Mylo wrote:You don’t really connect them. If your PC has enough USB ports just plug them in. The eDRUMin controller software will recognize and let you configure up to 4 devices at once. If you don’t have enough ports on the PC then a simple USB hub works just fine.
Thank you !
And can I use one eDrumin with my brain module DTX500 yamaha ?
Mylo

Post by Mylo »

I don’t have any experience with the DTX500 but taking a quick glance at it I don’t see a MIDI input. So I don’t think it will work. But I’d wait for others to comment.
perceval

Post by perceval »

Benoit,

If you mean, can you trigger the DTX500 module's sounds with the eDRUMin, then no, because it doesn't have MIDI input. Only the DTX700 and 900 have MIDI inputs.

If you meant that you could use the DTX500 USB to computer, and the eDRUMin USB to computer, and play with a VST using both devices at the same time, then yes, you can do that.
BenoitL

Post by BenoitL »

perceval wrote:Benoit,

If you mean, can you trigger the DTX500 module's sounds with the eDRUMin, then no, because it doesn't have MIDI input. Only the DTX700 and 900 have MIDI inputs.

If you meant that you could use the DTX500 USB to computer, and the eDRUMin USB to computer, and play with a VST using both devices at the same time, then yes, you can do that.

It was the second one > use both together > great! I think I will try with one eDRUMin to test it. Do you know how many days it take to ship to France?
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

France will likely take between 15 to 30 days.
BenoitL

Post by BenoitL »

Rob wrote:France will likely take between 15 to 30 days.
!!Outch :)