Scaling hotspot suppression beyond 100%

Exci

Scaling hotspot suppression beyond 100%

Post by Exci »

I have some custom made center triggers. After tweaking the trigger height and playing with the head tuning a bit I've gotten hotspot suppression to work impressively accurately (no false positives or negatives), but I guess my trigger is still running pretty hot and there is a noticeable difference between hitting on the cone and a centimeter away. At the moment I have the suppression amount set to 100 and I can see it dropping the velocity by 5-10, but I was wondering if it would be possible to "unlock" the limit of this setting (or allow it to go to 200-300% compared to the current scaling) to allow for further suppression.

Alternatively, other suggestions for tweaking my trigger would also be welcome. It's protruding slightly less than 1mm above the bearing edge so the height should be ok?
Rob
Site Admin

Re: Scaling hotspot suppression beyond 100%

Post by Rob »

Lowering the thresh value will have a similar affect.
Exci

Post by Exci »

Rob wrote:Lowering the thresh value will have a similar affect.
I've configured the thresh value to be where it should for accuracy (it's at 7 at the moment), so I wouldn't lower it further.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I'll double the strength on the next update.
Exci

Post by Exci »

Awesome, thanks.
AKA Wayne

Post by AKA Wayne »

I think I have this same issue. Hot spot suppression works well for all but hits directly on the cone. Direct shots aren’t registering on my threshold or suppression meters. It’s like it’s too much velocity to register on the scales? I have also experimented with many height and tension settings. I’m using a 35mm piezo which I thought might be contributing to the “hot” head. Thanks for attempting to address this.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

That is not the issue he is having. AKA Wayne, if you would like to investigate why your pad is having issues, you need to contact me via technical support.

Regards,
Rob