Rotary Encoder question

dsteinschneider

Rotary Encoder question

Post by dsteinschneider »

Hi Rob,

I received the rotary encoder. I plugged it in with a TRS cable into the pedal 2 input which has been working fine with a pair of momentary pedals connected via a TRS male to dual female TS inputs adapter cable.

I'm on 2.32.2

The ED10 isn't detecting the rotary encoder. I tried auto first and then manually chose rotary encoder for pedal input 2.

I'm pretty sure you're going to say this feature is only going to work with ED10R2 (or ED8) which is fine since I've been thinking about selling my ED10 and buying an R2 version

Thanks,

Doug
Rob
Site Admin

Re: Rotary Encoder question

Post by Rob »

Hi Doug,

I neglected to test the encoders with ED10R1. It should be able to work, but I may need to adjust some of the settings. I believe you have some ED4R1 devices. Does it work with those?
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I just tested on an ED10R1 and it works fine with the latest BETA version (2.3.2.6). Are you sure there isn't an issue with your cable?
dsteinschneider

I sold the ED4R1's after I got the ED10R1

I'm going to try the beta now and will report back - should work if your's did.

Thanks,

Doug
dsteinschneider

Hi Rob,

It was the cable, when first testing I chose an unused TRS from the bundle that goes out to the kit labeled Crash1 on both ends but it's clearly mislabeled as a direct 5' TRS/TRS works fine.

Thanks for your help.
dsteinschneider

I figured out why the cable was mislabeled. For splash or china cymbals I used single zone so two cymbals can go into one ED10 input. I got confused with tip and ring input on the splitter and ended up mislabeling the cable.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

No worries.