eDRUMin version 2.3.2 BETA now available

Rob
Site Admin

eDRUMin version 2.3.2 BETA now available

Post by Rob »

eDRUMin version 2.3.2 BETA is now available. As always your feedback is much appreciated.

New Features
  • Independent gain control for TIP and RING.
  • Rotary Encoder support for pedal input.
  • Note naming conventions (Middle C = C2, C3, C4, or C5).
  • Always send positional CC with hit option.
  • Set note length (30ms -> 8s).
Improvements
  • Preset Manager remembers last preset type.
  • Adjust snapshot load options and send without saving.
  • Compare current and last snapshot load options to update need to save.
  • Note controls get centered.
  • The UI warns the user if set to control note banks but the device is not in advanced mode.
  • Likewise if the user is controlling flash presets, but no USB flash drive is present.
  • Clicking an input when the MIDI Monitor, Firmware, or Settings page is visible, will now close the page and show the input editor.
Bug Fixes
  • Couldn't set 'Choke' when editing drum maps.
  • Fixed disabled note choke in Abby Road Drum Map.
  • Page 1 and Page 2 become visible after loading notes from a drum map.
eDRUMin_Control_PC_2.3.2.6.zip
eDRUMin_Control_MAC_2.3.2.6.zip
eDRUMin_Control_LINUX_2.3.2.6.zip

Notes
There's now in icon in the sidebar to open the 'Settings Panel'. From there you can set settings for the application as well as the selected eDRUMin.
The note length is only available when your device is in advanced mode. It is useful if using your eDRUMin to trigger instruments that expect notes of a meaningful length. It's also helpful to ensure cymbal choking with aftertouch works in Ableton Live.

With a rotary encoder, you can select note banks, load flash snapshots, or send control / program changes. I have made a small batch of encoders which can be purchased here. I also made another small batch of Hall sensors that can be purchased from the same location.

Here's a pic of an encoder mounted on my hihat stand. I use four of them in total. Three are going into a MIDI Expression quattro to adjust the headphone, microphone, and instrument gain levels for my RME Babyface. The forth is plugged into an ED8 and I use it to adjust the kit piece setting one of my pads.
09-29-2024, 13-36-32.png
09-29-2024, 13-36-32.png (537.75 KiB) Viewed 169 times
NwaGod

Re: eDRUMin version 2.3.2 BETA now available

Post by NwaGod »

There seems to be an issue with this beta version. I own and ED10 and after upgrading to this beta version and upgrading the firmware, my eDrumin became unusable. There is a constant triggering of the Head piezo of my snare at full velocity. I unplugged it from the module, but that didn't help. I also tried power cycling the ED10 module a few times, nothing helped. I had to downgrade back to the 2.3.1.16 firmware. Can you look into this? I attached a Pic of it
Attachments
Edrumin 2.3.2 issue.png
Edrumin 2.3.2 issue.png (374.94 KiB) Viewed 119 times
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

You have an ED10R1 or an ED10R2?
NwaGod

Post by NwaGod »

I'm not 100% certain. It's probably R1 as I purchased it in Jan 2021.
monospace

Post by monospace »

Those rotary encoders look sweet! I'm using footswitches at the moment and they work great for bank changes, but those look way more versatile. Plus I like how these are more connected to the pad/trigger/input itself. Gonna have to order a couple.
Miscellaneous Roland triggers. ED-10 + ED-4. MacBook Pro (2015), 16G RAM, Big Sur. Superior Drummer 3. Logic Pro.
NwaGod

Post by NwaGod »

Thanks for the update, 2.3.2.5 Resolved all my issues. I love the individual control over the Tip and ring gain.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

NwaGod wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2024 12:35 pm
Thanks for the update, 2.3.2.5 Resolved all my issues. I love the individual control over the Tip and ring gain.
Glad that's sorted--I'm always cleaning up my code and sometimes I throw something away that I shouldn't.
monospace wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2024 12:13 am
Those rotary encoders look sweet! I'm using footswitches at the moment and they work great for bank changes, but those look way more versatile. Plus I like how these are more connected to the pad/trigger/input itself. Gonna have to order a couple.
I implemented them on my MIDI Expression devices a couple of years back for my own needs, but never got around to designing a nice enclosure. Being able to attach a single knob to the device that it's designed to control is intuitive--especially for controlling the input gain and headphone levels of my RME interface.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Posted build 6 to fix a regressive bug reading sustain pedals.
mrmbira

Post by mrmbira »

windows and mac links not working?
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

The macOS link was wrong. I had been using 'OSX' as part of the link name for the past 10 years and I finally decided it's time to use 'MAC' instead. The link is now fixed.