Zone independent gain

monster251

Zone independent gain

Post by monster251 »

Hi edrumin-community,

watching older videos on the edrumin YouTube channel it looks like there was the option to independently gain head and rim on a dual zone pad (picture attached) however it seems this option is no longer available. Why is this and is there a way around?

The reason I'm asking:

As I understand the X-Stick and Rimshot-Scalers are meant to adjust levels between head and rim / rimshot zones however I'm facing the problem that with a perfectly set gain for the head-zone (my hardest hits result in a velocity of 127) my rimshots are to hot and giving my way to early 127 in velocity (velocity curves help but don't fix the issue). By scaling them down <1 their velocity decreases but this also limits the maximum velocity I can get from the rim zone no matter how hard I strike the pad.

I'm using a Roland PDX-8 Dual Zone Pad (side mounted trigger) with the edrumin 10 on newest firmware.

Thanks for your help in advance!

monster
Attachments
Bildschirmfoto 2024-09-22 um 19.28.09.png
Bildschirmfoto 2024-09-22 um 19.28.09.png (629.15 KiB) Viewed 56 times
Rob
Site Admin

Re: Zone independent gain

Post by Rob »

I'm aware of people have issues with that pad in particular. I'm planning to bring back the option to have independent gain controls in version 2.3.2. I'm not not sure when it'll be available. I guess it depends on how many features I add.
monster251

Re: Zone independent gain

Post by monster251 »

Thanks Rob! Much appreciated! Maybe the split gain-option could only being enabled in advanced mode, but for those considering themselves "advanced" having more control is always better I guess!

Cheers!