Plugging edrumin into new computer

Jobe

Plugging edrumin into new computer

Post by Jobe »

Hopefully a simple and obvious question here, I would just like to know if there’s a risk of losing my settings on my Edrumin 10 during initial docking of the Edrumin to a new computer? I built out my settings on my windows laptop and just got a new MacBook Pro and I just want to know for sure that the EDrumin will book the current settings to the application and that the application will not load the default settings into my Edrumin module. Thanks.
Rob
Site Admin

Re: Plugging edrumin into new computer

Post by Rob »

The settings stored on the device won't change regardless of what system you plug it into. Any user presets, however, that you had saved on your olf computer won't be available on the new computer. If that's an issue, you can manually copy any of your user presets over, but it's a little bit of a hassle.
Jobe

Post by Jobe »

Thanks Rob, So the device won’t be affected. But will its settings populate on the new computer or are you saying that I may need to manually copy them to the new computer? If so, should I expect the values to register the same on the Mac as they do on windows? Thanks! -Christopher
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

The control application always reads the settings directly from the device. Just plug it into your new machine and it'll work. You won't lose any of your settings stored on the device. The only settings that won't be there are any user presets you saved in the Preset Manager on the old machine.