Any interest in a touchscreen control for eDRUMin?

MisterE

Re: Any interest in a touchscreen control for eDRUMin?

Post by MisterE »

jacko wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 12:58 pm
i wouldn't buy one personally. The occasional dip into the software is all i need and the computer is fine for that
I see your point, but for those who gig with it and don't have their laptop with them...
jacko

Post by jacko »

MisterE wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 2:25 pm
jacko wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 12:58 pm
i wouldn't buy one personally. The occasional dip into the software is all i need and the computer is fine for that
I see your point, but for those who gig with it and don't have their laptop with them...
sure. I'm just responding to Rob's OP which is attempting to gauge the potential market
monospace

Post by monospace »

I’m intrigued by the physical controls more than the touchscreen. I’ve used the iOS version of the Control App and it’s fine, but on a day to day basis I’m using my iPad and Splashtop (similar to Apple Sidecar) to remote into my laptop and control both eDrumIn and Superior when needed.

I have a cheap midi controller box to control various knobs and macros on the mixer in Superior, and it’s a huge efficiency boost. Being able to map the various sliders and dials to the eDrumIn Control App would be awesome.
3A1F52D2-005E-4ED2-A3A0-DE645E97F69F.jpeg
3A1F52D2-005E-4ED2-A3A0-DE645E97F69F.jpeg (104.21 KiB) Viewed 8458 times
https://a.co/d/0DTny7K
Miscellaneous Roland triggers. ED-10 + ED-4. MacBook Pro (2015), 16G RAM, Big Sur. Superior Drummer 3. Logic Pro.
Relic

Post by Relic »

I would be very interested in a touchscreen edrumin,& it would make edrumin miles better than mimic pro at a lower price= tons of sales imho
Luke_eDW

Post by Luke_eDW »

Add me to the "interested' list.
i420piate

Post by i420piate »

There is definitely a market for such a thing! I am certain. The only thing about asking here on the forums is some would see no need in their use-case scenario, and some would see it as a holy grail! I feel that most of the replies will be on polar opposite ends, lol.
Alesis Surge with 4 tom and 5 cymbal pads, eDRUMin4 using SSD5.5 and SP3 on Mac OS.
Alx_d

Post by Alx_d »

Hi,

I would be defiantly interested with the following caveats:

1: Power for display from USB.
2: No DC power supply required. Currently I have no power at the drum set other than from the USB port from the computer sitting 20 feet away.
3: USB out to computer and display simultaneously so while I am sitting at the set not alone can I see/make changes I can hear them via drum software. EDIT: After some thought a USB hub could work as long as the display can connect to the ED computer at the same time then we are good.

If you could also create a mount for the display so that I can mount to the drum rails. But not a deal breaker. I could always find/make one.

Maybe not so easy to do on the display itself. So maybe an additional interface box on the ED that can do this?