eDRUMin version 2.3 BETA

Inferior Drummer

Re: eDRUMin version 2.3 BETA

Post by Inferior Drummer »

TOP wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:39 pm
Rob wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:32 pm
This is the wrong place to post, but did you make sure SD3 and the eDRUMin are using the same drum map?
ups ..sorry... i think im litle panic here...where the proper place?

if u mean by "SD3 and the eDRUMin are using the same drum map" are set select drum map in ED Control as Superior Drummer Map, and choosing eDrumin Black as midi inpu on SD3... then YES I did... i cant find Edrumin preset on SD3 yet...so i put as default
I think he just mean to start a new thread with your question and leave this thread for things specific to firmware/updates.

Sorry I don't have time right now to help you right now but I'd just suggest just taking your time to begin with, read the manual/forums and I have no doubt you'll get it sorted eventually.
AKA Wayne

Post by AKA Wayne »

I know you're busy but any chance of adding the high pass filter to the next build? I'd like to play around a bit more with it andy LV cymbals.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

AKA Wayne wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:38 am
I know you're busy but any chance of adding the high pass filter to the next build? I'd like to play around a bit more with it andy LV cymbals.
Sure.
AKA Wayne

Post by AKA Wayne »

Rob wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:01 am
AKA Wayne wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:38 am
Sure.
Thanks Rob!
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Posted build 8 to fix an issue with Yamaha 3-zone pads / cymbals on ED8. AKA Wayne, you'll need to wait a bit longer.
AKA Wayne

Post by AKA Wayne »

Rob wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:55 am
Posted build 8 to fix an issue with Yamaha 3-zone pads / cymbals on ED8. AKA Wayne, you'll need to wait a bit longer.
No worries man. I was just thinking yesterday how grateful I am of this product and for you to be at the helm. It has brought so much joy since you put out the first ed4. Not sure what year that was but around 2020. This type of product and service would not exist from Roland. Thank you so much for your work and dedication, Rob.

Post by TOP »

Rob wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 11:22 pm
eDRUMin version 2.3 BETA is now available. The focus of this version is to improve positional sensing support for 'mesh pads with 3 side sensors' as well as to patch a few bugs in version 2.2 You can downgrade from this version to 2.1 or 2.2 without losing your settings.

The positional sensing has been reworked to support both my ATV AD-S13 snare and Roland PDA-120LS, and I would love to here some feedback about how well it works with other pads as well. Here is a link to information about how the controls work.

Mesh 3 Side Sensors - Positional Sensing

New Feature
  • Added a digital highpass filter for cymbal type pass and acoustic triggers.
Improvements
  • Reworked positional sensing for 3-cone pads.
  • Added ATV AS-S13 Snare preset.
  • Added a velocity indicator to the velocity curve control.
  • Improved mouse handling in rimshot range control.
  • Flash Presets can be loaded with program change messages. (Channel 14, programs 1-32)
  • Having no inputs selected in the load settings for a device snapshot is now equivalent to having all inputs selected.
  • Pressing enter when entering preset title, description, or author will trigger 'save'.
  • Pedal Sense control has been integrated into the pedal type selector and is now off by default.
  • Updated several factory presets.
Bug Fixes since version 2.2
  • Hihat calibration not taking immediate affect.
  • Fixed note banks not accessible if pad is set as hihat cymbal.
  • Fixed issue synchronizing hihat cymbal / pedal bank changes.
  • Fixed cymbal position type not being set when loading trigger presets.
  • Fixed broken Lemon 18" Ride preset.
Changes since version 2.3.0.6
  • Fixed support for Yamaha 3-zone pads / cymbals on ED8.
  • Hihat improvements when performing 'hihat barks'.
eDRUMin_Control_PC_2.3.0.8.zip
eDRUMin_Control_OSX_2.3.0.8.zip
eDRUMin_Control_LINUX_2.3.0.6.zip
Is this the fix Rob? thanks

Post by TOP »

i still hav no luck with that build 8 above Rob. but no worries ill try velocity gate trick on SD3, perhaps can solve it. thanks
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Did you update the firmware? Do you see an exclamation mark in the bottom left corner of the UI?

Post by TOP »

yes, i update to 2.3.0.8 n theres an exclamation mark in the bottom left corner of the UI, and i use xp80 grom preset manager