eDRUMin version 2.3 BETA

Luckymethod

Re: eDRUMin version 2.3 BETA

Post by Luckymethod »

Rob wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:43 am
@Luckymethod

Can you give build 6 a try. I moved the factory presets, device firmware, and manual to a public location so that all users can access them.
eDRUMin_Control_OSX_2.3.0.6.zip
I'm traveling for work but as soon as I'm back I'll give it a try, thanks for that!
Inferior Drummer

Post by Inferior Drummer »

Hi Rob,

Sorry to bring it up again, but I'm in a bit of a conundrum :lol: :roll: with the eD8 available but requiring the 2.3 firmware, I'm hoping you can address the hi hat issues mentioned here.

Cheers.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I think I did address that issue. I'll need to double-check.
Inferior Drummer

Post by Inferior Drummer »

It certainly is a hard to make happen issue. I Had hoped that I narrowed down the firmware versions with and without the problem enough that you would be able to figure what changed.
It was still happening on the latest version. May be not as much?
Could there be something else that changed that might necessitate re-calibrating the closed position or something? I kind of have been meaning to find the time to redo all edrummin settings from scratch. Some times the first time/way you set something isn't the best...

If there is anything I can do to help.
Cheers.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I take another look next week.

Post by TOP »

hi rob,
glad my ED8 will arrive today according to the tracking...
Do i need to put usb flashdisk to usb host so ED will save my new preset/setting before i use it?
Thanks for ur enlighment.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Nope.

Post by TOP »

Ok, thanks Rob .. so the setting will autosave in ED8 device every 5 seconds from last adjustment.
when we should use flashdisk then?
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Flash memory (completely optional) can be used to save device presets, which can be loaded using a footswitch (without needing to open the control application). 95% of people don't need this feature, and instead should save / load device snapshots the normal way via the control application on their computer.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Inferior Drummer wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:52 am
It certainly is a hard to make happen issue. I Had hoped that I narrowed down the firmware versions with and without the problem enough that you would be able to figure what changed.
It was still happening on the latest version. May be not as much?
Could there be something else that changed that might necessitate re-calibrating the closed position or something? I kind of have been meaning to find the time to redo all edrummin settings from scratch. Some times the first time/way you set something isn't the best...

If there is anything I can do to help.
Cheers.
So I did a quick test and I was able to see an issue. An example is shown below. Not entirely sure why it's happening, but I'll see if I can fix it.
image.png
image.png (11.62 KiB) Viewed 12210 times