eDRUMin version 2.3 BETA

AKA Wayne

Re: eDRUMin version 2.3 BETA

Post by AKA Wayne »

For center, of center and edge articulations?
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Nope. For the 3 sensor mesh pads I have some code in there to level out the response. I have quite a bit going on right now, but after 2.3 is released, I'll look into doing something similar for center mounted sensors.
AKA Wayne

Post by AKA Wayne »

Great. Thanks Rob.
tjheller

Post by tjheller »

The craziest thing has happened to me. I could not upgrade to 2.3 on my edrumin 10. I tried for days. I kept getting the error message that says un plug and replug your edrumin. (Or something like that) So I did a snapshot, factory reset it and I tried again. Same thing. I left it unplugged for a protracted period of time. Same thing. I reinstalled the program and factory reset over and over like a crazy person, (2.2, 2.3) it didn't matter Still, the error message. I could not upgrade passed 2.1.1.5. This was all on my MAC!!!! I got the crazy idea to try the upgrade on a PC and it was successful on the first try. I then hooked the device back up to the MAC and all is well. When I got the ED10 I downgraded it immediately to 2.1.1.5 because that is what I was running on my ED4s and I was getting glitches with the higher firmware on the 10 (2.2) and I wanted to get everything running smoothly before upgrading all of my 4s. I never upgraded because things worked so well for me with 2.1. Now, I really wanted to try out the low pass filter so I had to do the upgrade. Before you ask, no, I did not try the upgrade through a hub. It was a direct usb input. Any idea why this happened? So confused!!!!
tjheller

Post by tjheller »

Nevermind I was totally wrong. I'm having serious issues still. I'm going to attempt to downgrade again. I've started a separate thread in troubleshooting as I don't believe this to be an issue with 2.3
Inferior Drummer

Post by Inferior Drummer »

Hi Rob,

Been noticing an odd behavior with fast hi hat open then closing, aka "barking". Was never sure if it was something I did, a superior drummer update or whatever, but finally got around to doing some testing...
Very occasionally after a very fast bark, the HH will be left with a slightly open sound and could see the last CC sent could be between 80ish at most (least?) open to anywhere near 127. Even though in the pedal settings/travel in edrummin you could see it registered it being all the way at the bottom/fully pressed.

Downgraded to late builds of 2.2.x.x and 2.1.x.x and the problem persisted, but when loading up 2.0.0.40 I could not recreate it. I haven't delved any deeper but hope there is enough there for to put your finger on it.

Cheers.

edit: curiosity got me trying to narrow it down some and couldn't reproduce it on 2.1.1.5 this time, but could on 2.2.0.15. Got sick of trying more as it is not easy to make happen :lol:

oh yeah, hats are vh-10 if it matters
tjheller

Post by tjheller »

I can second this odd hat behavior as well, but it appears to be very random. 2.1.1.5 seems to be very stable however. At least it happens way less.
LooseSends

Post by LooseSends »

I noticed this as well, but attributed it to some oddity with my DIY ghetto hall sensor pedal setup.
tjheller

Post by tjheller »

Nope, I can confirm it's a real issue, doesn't seem to happen on 2.1.1.5 beta as often (if at all) but on newer firmware it definitely does.
pumpkinking

Post by pumpkinking »

I've noticed it as well with a lemon hihat. Was not paying enough attention to nail down when it started. I updated to the latest firmware and enabled "fast stepping" and the frequency reduced, but it still definitely happens.