eDRUMin version 2.1.1 BETA

ffmcloud

Re: eDRUMin version 2.1.1 BETA

Post by ffmcloud »

Thanks for the reply
hb1980

Post by hb1980 »

I updated the SW/FW from 2.1.0.17 to 2.1.1.5.

When loading a device preset I *sometimes* get 'Compatibility Issues' reported for 1 or 2 of the pads.

To recreate:
- Factory reset
- Preset Manager
- Device icon
- Restore my preset Dev130123 (dbl click)

Repeat all steps say 10 times and the inconsistent reporting of a compatibility issue with one or two pads will hopefully be reproducable (maybe 10-20% of the time).
Dev130123.edp
(3.91 KiB) Downloaded 112 times
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

What's I'll do is relax the compatibility threshold when loading device presets. Unfortunately, I'm in the middle of updating all my build tools / libraries to support a new CPU that will be likely be used for future devices, so it's going to be a month or two before I make / test new firmware builds.

Regards,
Rob
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

BTW, now that I'm updating my toolchain, the USB Host Port will be able to support USB flash memory drives. That opens the door to saving device presets / drums maps etc to a USB flash drive and switching between them with a footswitch. Does that sounds like a useful feature?
hb1980

Post by hb1980 »

Thanks Rob. I hope it all goes well with the new hardware.

Not had much of a chance to play lately but other than the compatibility warning all seems to be well with this build.
AKA Wayne

Post by AKA Wayne »

Ran into something with my optical hi hat controller and the expression setting. I turned it on last night and left it on for about an hour. When I went to play the green bar on the levels panel would not move but when I click calibrate the red bar moves and it is sending cc to sd3. I rebooted and got the same behavior. I decided to shut it down for the night.

I turned it on this morning and the pedal would register anything until I selected hi hat controller then reselected expression pedal. Then it was back to normal. I had to recalibrate but that is pretty simple. I decided to try to recreate the situation so I rebooted. Got the same behavior where it did not recognize anything until I selected hi hat controller then reselected expression. I'm using the newest firmware on an ed4r1.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

What is the polarity setting for the pedal? Auto, Roland, or Yamaha? Based on your previous posts, I believe yours should be set to Yamaha style polarity.
AKA Wayne

Post by AKA Wayne »

Fixed.
Ridge74

Post by Ridge74 »

Rob wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:26 am
BTW, now that I'm updating my toolchain, the USB Host Port will be able to support USB flash memory drives. That opens the door to saving device presets / drums maps etc to a USB flash drive and switching between them with a footswitch. Does that sounds like a useful feature?
That would be great, i still havent get it working, topic "user preset not showing"..
Diamond Drum kit with low volume cymbals, two eDRUMin 10
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Here's what I've got in the works for version 2.2. Plugging a USB flash drive into the USB host port (or a hub connected to the host port) will allow you to save device snapshots to the flash drive. They are saved as a list that can be reordered. Each snapshot can have custom options that tell the eDRUMin how to apply the settings stored in the snapshot. The presets can to loaded using an attached sustain pedal or footswitch. No need to have the control application open or the device connected to a computer. Complete handsfree solution to reconfiguring the device on the fly.

An example of how this might be used, imagine you have a dual foot switch. One button could be used to change between a few different hihat configurations to simulate hihat clutch adjustments. At the same time, the other button could be used to change the kit piece one or more of your cymabls is assigned to.
image.png
image.png (240.48 KiB) Viewed 1434 times
image.png
image.png (59.83 KiB) Viewed 1412 times