Hey everyone. I'm having a super hard time setting this up

Building your own? Need help with your designs? You've come to the right place.
Bryantbu2b2

Hey everyone. I'm having a super hard time setting this up

Post by Bryantbu2b2 »

I've been trying to get my triggers mapped thru EZ drummer almost all day and I can't do it.

I don't even know how to explain what's happening. I've got everything mapped right except the ride and snare, and 2 rack toms, that will play the same sample on ezdrummer.

So the ride and snare will play together, or trigger each other, and I've got 2 rack toms doing the same thing.

If someone can Skype me or something that'd be awesome. I've been building this kit for months now and nothing I'm trying is working..

TIA
Rob
Site Admin

Re: Hey everyone. I'm having a super hard time setting this up

Post by Rob »

You are using drum maps? For you I would recommend settings up the eDRUMin and EZD to both use the Roland drum map.
Ronyd

Post by Ronyd »

Bryantbu2b2 wrote:
Sat Dec 24, 2022 5:54 am
I've been trying to get my triggers mapped thru EZ drummer almost all day and I can't do it.

I don't even know how to explain what's happening. I've got everything mapped right except the ride and snare, and 2 rack toms, that will play the same sample on ezdrummer.

So the ride and snare will play together, or trigger each other, and I've got 2 rack toms doing the same thing.

If someone can Skype me or something that'd be awesome. I've been building this kit for months now and nothing I'm trying is working..

TIA
Are you good TIA?
dsteinschneider

Post by dsteinschneider »

The Superior Drummer assignments vary slightly between libraries. I ended up saving my own copy of each kit with the effects dialed back for a drier sound and sometimes the crash cymbals need to be re-assigned to match my left crash, right crash setup. The hi-hat and ride are usually fine. The other thing I often do since I only have one floor tom is pick one of the two that often come with rock kits. The snare and rack toms usually are ok.
mprinz

Post by mprinz »

Hi!

Ohhh dear! This issue is for me ike a red rag to a bull!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
I spent hours and days to think about the best mapping. And I ended up with ... it doesn't matter!
I mean, I am a kit switcher. Ha! I love the possibility to switch from dead dry gospel kit to let's say a totally overcompressed metal kit.
So with SD3 I checked some libraries and I decided to map it as dsteinschneider mentioned. I use in the eDRUMin basically the SD3 mapping, except for the high toms, I think.
Rack toms, stand toms, snare, hihat, ride, kick - of course - are fine, but high toms, 2nd hihat, sidesnare, splashes, chrashes. :roll:

But with SD3 an the MIDI mapping environment it's ok. I hit the pad and then choosing the sound I want to trigger.

Anyway, but Bryantbu2b2 are you ok now, or still having problems?