eDRUMin version 2.1.1 BETA

Mr_Bluesguy

Re: eDRUMin version 2.1.1 BETA

Post by Mr_Bluesguy »

Rob - here's an update on the reported problem:
Before I first posted it, I closed, then reopened the app 4 time consecutively to make sure I wasn't imagining the problem. Each time, the articulations reverted back to music notes instead of midi notes. This morning after reading your reply about being unable to duplicate the error, I went back and repeated the experiment. This was after shutting down and rebooting windows. Twice in a row , the same problem happened. At attempt number 3, the problem went away. Six open/close cycles later, it still functions normally. Can't think of anything I did differently between attempts. Auto save was on all of the time. So, it looks like this was a false flag. Like many others on the forum, a problem occurs then mysteriously stops. So, --- never mind-- sorry for the bother.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

That 'auto-save' does not relate to that particular setting. It should be saved each time the control application is closed. The only two reasons why it might not get saved:
1. The application does not get write access to the config file.
2. The application looks like it's closing, but is actually crashing on close.

I'll investigate some more. Thanks for the extra feedback.
pumpkinking

Post by pumpkinking »

This problem is not new to 2.1.1.4 beta, but I have not posted it until now, and I still see it with 2.1.1.4 beta.

When I start the app on one monitor and move it to another (my 2 monitors are different types with different resolutions), the app window shrinks to maybe 1/2 size and loses some of the bottom-row graphics. See the attached "post move" screenshot (hard to see the smaller scale in the screenshot, but notice the bottom is void of the expected buttons). It does not happen every time I move between monitors (but enough to be bothersome), and it is easy to remedy - just restart the app on the monitor I want to use and it pops back to the right size.

This is macOS 13.0.1 but was happening in macOS 12 versions also.
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-11-23 at 3.38.19 PM.png
Screenshot 2022-11-23 at 3.38.19 PM.png (106.87 KiB) Viewed 1501 times
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Thanks for the report. I have a pretty good idea of why that's happening, but I'll need to get a second display in order to test properly.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Changes in build 5
  • Fixed ED10 pedal input 2 would show as unplugged.
  • Factory resetting not fully releasing helper inputs.
  • Pedal Editor 'Auto' not flashing when pedal polarity switches.
  • Added support for iOS Control Application to control ED10 when connected via DIN MIDI ports (ex. Bluetooth DIN MIDI adapter).
  • Fixed issue where device would continue sending control data even after the IOS Control Application is put in the background (home button pressed).
pumpkinking

Post by pumpkinking »

Cool. Let me know if there is something I can provide that would help (short of a second display for you, that is).
Rob wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:11 pm
Thanks for the report. I have a pretty good idea of why that's happening, but I'll need to get a second display in order to test properly.
pilina

Post by pilina »

Hello.

I have few issues on my Linux system. I use your beta builds, but all of those issues were present in stable build too.
HW: 1x ED4 + 1x ED4R4
current EDrumin Control: 2.1.1.5

1) Incomplete installation
- At installation, I get:

Code: Select all

cp: cannot create regular file `/home/user/.AudioFront/`: Not a directory
and it doesn't create any new directory in home folder.
- Workaround was to copy some files from install folder.
- I also tried installation on Kubuntu 22.04 on different computer. The folder was created, but no files was copied inside.

2) No Factory Trigger Presets and Drum Maps loaded by default
- Possible link to point 1. When I open Control UI, there is no Factory Trigger preset loaded, also no Drum map. All numbers shows 0.
- Workaround: Create my own preset drum map and trigger presets. Not much a problem as my kit is quite inconsistent.

3) UI "stuck" when two ED4s connected
- When both of my ED4s are plugged in, the UI works just for one of them. When I switch from first to second ED4, UI stays kinda stuck to the first one (all trigger settings for each slot, firmware page). It means it doesn't switch and all the controls stays according to first one, but it is still responsive (the trigger response graph is active, port icons background is properly reacting when I hit some drum attached to second ED4). When I unplugged one of them, everything works just fine as it should.

P.S.: Thanks for native Linux support. All workarounds mentioned above are still better than hassle with any VM.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Thanks for the information. I'll work on it next week.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Hi pilina,

I've updated the linux download link in the original post, but I did not increment the build number. You should be able to download again and reinstall over your existing installation. Here are the changes:
  • Linux: Install script will now properly create missing folders.
  • Linux: Install script will now properly install factory presets.
  • Linux: Install script now includes an uninstall script.
  • Linux: Control application will now properly support multiple devices.
  • Linux: Fixed drawing positional sensing control.
  • Linux: Fixed drawing hit indicators in scrolling view.
  • Linux: Removed redundant close, minimize, maximize controls.
If you notice any other problems, don't hesitate to let me know.

Regards,
Rob
pilina

Post by pilina »

Hello.

Everything is working like a charm now, maybe even better :-).
Thank you very much for such a quick response, sir.