Which headphones/Audio Interface do you use?

djbclark

Re: Which headphones/Audio Interface do you use?

Post by djbclark »

dsteinschneider wrote:
Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:43 pm
UPDATE 2 - That was quick - Amazon delivered [the Arias] next day. I'm breaking them in with my 10 hour Hammond B3 playlist. At the 5 hour mark I listened to them. Plugged into my LG 10 (ESS Sabre DAC in HiFi mode) they are the best I've listened to. They are detailed with great bass and smooth.
Could you share that playlist? Also, how loud do you play it?

I recently choose the TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero over the Moondrop Arias, but I still have the Arias, so perhaps I should try putting them both through some burn-in before making a final decision.

My issue with the arias where that they seems to analytical / not immersive enough. I also do Sam Harris' meditation app and his voice sounded painful-screachy through them.

If anyone is interested I also have some KZ ZS10 PROs and 7Hz Salnotes Zeros waiting to be returned that I could still play with :-)

Thanks,
-Danny
dsteinschneider

Post by dsteinschneider »

@djbclark

I thought it was a YouTube playlist but it's actually a YouTube Music one:

https://music.youtube.com/playlist?list ... 5NuSX823_w

It's 914 tunes - I haven't seen a prompt to keep playing - it just seems to go until I stop it.

I put in moderately loud - not blasting.

BTW, the Arias sound really good connected to my IK Axe I/O Solo
mprinz

Post by mprinz »

Oh man, sorry for the late response, dsteinschneider.

I'm glad that you like them!
Seems like the Harmann curve is true. I mean, still , I really like them for VST drumming together with the
SD3 floortoms and kick sounds .... ahhhh hahaa ... together with the buttkicker! Always sitting there with wide-eyed grins and a slight drool actually ... yeah!!

I use them on a really old LakePeople G94 HeadPhone amp. I think that's not the best combination, in terms of impedance but ... it works.

I am now reading about the IFI IEMATCH4.4 to match the impedance...
mprinz

Post by mprinz »

Errr no. 50$ for 4 resistors... haha.

I will try this:

https://diyaudioheaven.wordpress.com/he ... n-adapter/
djbclark

Post by djbclark »

LooseSends wrote:
Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:29 pm
Just jumping in here from another thread to crow about the Steinberg UR22-C I just picked up.

But the biggest shocker using this new unit is that it pretty much disappears all the latency when recording! You may have no idea how much more work and takes you have to do with only 10-20ms of latency overhead, but this Steinberg kills almost all of it and is clear as a bell.
What made you choose the UR22-C over the half as expensive UR22? Do you think the latency elimination would likely be any different between them?
mprinz

Post by mprinz »

Just to conclude that:

The Moondrop ARIA got a 32Ohm impedance and the LakePeople G94 is meant to drive
2 - 200 Ohm. So I am fine.
mprinz wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:16 pm
Errr no. 50$ for 4 resistors... haha.

I will try this:

https://diyaudioheaven.wordpress.com/he ... n-adapter/
mprinz

Post by mprinz »

I hope that was not the reason for the more expensive one.

I use an old M-Audio Fast Track Ultra 8x8 from 2008(?).
I couldn't believe it as I tried the first edrums -> VST test with EZDrummer2 2019.
Smooth. Below 8-10ms. Cubase is telling me an input and output latency of 3.2 ms each at 64 samples at 44.1 kHz.
djbclark wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:14 am

What made you choose the UR22-C over the half as expensive UR22? Do you think the latency elimination would likely be any different between them?
djbclark

Post by djbclark »

Not sure if this really counts as an audio interface, but it took forever to find so I thought I'd just post that

StarTech.com USB Sound Card w/ SPDIF Digital Audio & Stereo Mic – External Sound Card for Laptop or PC – SPDIF Output (ICUSBAUDIO2D),Black

exists and may be the only thing in its form factor with a stereo mic input, which is of course useful if you have a stereo mic, but also if you want to use DSP Trigger with positional sensing etc (eg with a 2-piezo mesh drum pad) in a more portable environment (e.g. off of a Windows tablet). I also like the indicator for KHz, although it maxes out at 96k.

BTW anyone know how to make attachment pics show up not as big? This seems possible with the img tag but I can't figure out how to do it with the attachment tag.

61QfNJQqmWL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
61QfNJQqmWL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (65.21 KiB) Viewed 1989 times
MWJT42

Post by MWJT42 »

djbclark wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:57 pm
if you want to use DSP Trigger with positional sensing etc (eg with a 2-piezo mesh drum pad)
Just a point of clarification, if DSP Trigger works the same as eDRUMin (and nothing in the manual suggests it doesn't), positional sensing is not dependent on dual input; a single centre mounted trigger is all that's required for positional sensing. (using some sort of voodoo magic as far as I can tell!)

Dual input is only necessary for rim shots and side sticks.