Replacement "host" USB port for edrumin10

bandit614

Replacement "host" USB port for edrumin10

Post by bandit614 »

I have a edrumin10 and a edrumin4 connected via the host port --
On the main unit USB host port, the center divider plastic thing piece was broken accidentally by me the moment I got it.
I stuck arranged the pieces back into the port and electrical taped it, and both units hasve been functioning perfectly properly since April and still are now.

Here is a link to someone else describing the broken piece on some other piece of equipment and some pictures:
https://superuser.com/questions/293450/ ... ort-called

I now have to recable and move some things around the rack and I worry I won't have the same success when I put it back together.
I know how to solder small parts fairly well.
Does anyone know if the USB port can be desoldered and replaced with a part from digikey?
If so, what kind of part do I need?
Rob
Site Admin

Re: Replacement "host" USB port for edrumin10

Post by Rob »

Sorry for the very late reply. The ED10 uses a 73725-0110BLF, but pretty much any part with a similar footprint will work. It can be replaced, but it's not an easy repair unless you have the proper equipment. I've tested about 5 different vertical USB A ports of varying cost and they all seem pretty fragile. If there's any twisting force on the USB cable when it's removed, that plastic insert can come loose. Since around April 2022, I started adding an extra part to shroud the USB host port and protect it.