eDRUMin version 2.1 BETA

hb1980

Re: eDRUMin version 2.1 BETA

Post by hb1980 »

Got it in the state again.

There's no hover over appearing on the inputs. I've tried hovering over various things but no numbers appear (tooltips is enabled).

I tried factory reset, trigger reset, changing input type, re-plugging the trigger, re-plugging the module, windows reboot. None of these worked to solve the problem.

Unplugging the drum and shorting ground and tip/ring with my hand brought it back to life this time. So that and going to an older version of the app (and back again) have worked.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I see, so this is definitely not a 'Compatibility Issues' (no orange exclamation mark). I'm inclined to think it is a wiring issue with your pad, but it could also be a bug I suppose. Is it always happening on the same input / pad? What pad type is it happening with?
hb1980

Post by hb1980 »

Rob wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:32 pm
I see, so this is definitely not a 'Compatibility Issues' (no orange exclamation mark). I'm inclined to think it is a wiring issue with your pad, but it could also be a bug I suppose. Is it always happening on the same input / pad? What pad type is it happening with?
It certainly has all the signs of a wiring/hardware issue - it's always input 2 (pad type 3 cone although selecting a different type doesn't help when the problem occurs).

However, I'm sceptical it's not a bug. I've only had this happen on v2.1+ and the firmware update process appears to 'clear' the problem (without physically unplugging the trigger) 😕

The external wiring is all fine (checked with multimeter and I've used different cables between uses). The issue has never happened whilst playing, only after a period of not playing where my pc has been powered down, although I've failed to recreate it by power cycling etc.

Appreciate none of this is particularly helpful though and if it is a bug I should be able to find a way of recreating it... Typical intermittent, hard to track problem :-(
Luckymethod

Post by Luckymethod »

Luckymethod wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:18 pm

testing with firmware 2.0.1.6, power supply connected to the edrumin.

after step 7 > no

after step 10 > no

HOWEVER, if I power cycle (use the little switch in the back of the unit) while the control application is open, the control application recognizes the edrumin. I can make a video if you want to see exactly what's happening or happy to do anything else you might need to get to the bottom of the situation.
Sorry if I ping you about this again but did you notice this reply? Any news on what the issue might be?
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Can't really fix a problem I can't reproduce. Just to take another variable out of the mix, can you check if disconnecting the MIDI Din can any impact?
hb1980

Post by hb1980 »

Regarding my issue above (and thanks for the separate PMs Rob....)

I ended up having some issues with my (USB) soundcard that led me to update the chipset drivers on my laptop. It's hard to link the issue with the specific circumstances that pointed to an electrical issue, but all I can say is that since then I've not had this triggering issue reappear.

If it does, I'll dedicate some proper time to track it down. Otherwise, I think it's pretty safe to ignore as anything to do with this firmware or the unit.

Sorry for the curveball.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Thanks for the update.
Luckymethod

Post by Luckymethod »

Rob wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:45 am
Can't really fix a problem I can't reproduce. Just to take another variable out of the mix, can you check if disconnecting the MIDI Din can any impact?
are you asking me or the other dude?
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Luckymethod wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:12 pm
Sorry for not being clear. I was asking you.
Luckymethod

Post by Luckymethod »

Rob wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 2:21 am
Luckymethod wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:12 pm
Sorry for not being clear. I was asking you.
No problem. I'll make a more detailed video of the issue and try disconnecting the midi cable and see if that does the trick. Stay tuned, I'll have the time this weekend.