eDRUMin version 2.1 BETA

hb1980

Re: eDRUMin version 2.1 BETA

Post by hb1980 »

Thanks Rob, glad it helped.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Something very minor I've noticed for several releases is that for the pedal trigger, the xTalk control is missing the background graphic.
hb1980

Post by hb1980 »

...Sorry Rob - new issue with 2.1.0.6 that can be recreated straight from factory reset:
- Can't select velocity curve controls for zones (e.g. ss, rs)
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

A factory reset will take the device out of 'advanced' mode, so the curves shouldn't be selectable. Perhaps the UI isn't updating properly to show that. I'll double check.
hb1980

Post by hb1980 »

:roll: thought I put it into advanced mode but pretty sure you're right. I forgot it's needed so didn't think to check. Take 2 later today...
Luckymethod

Post by Luckymethod »

Rob wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:55 pm
I think I see where the problem might be--not sure why it's an issue on your system, and not mine. Can you do a test for me?

1. Close the control application.
2. Disconnect the ED10 USB.
3. Power cycle the ED10.
4. Connect the ED10 USB and wait 5 seconds.
5. Disconnect the ED10 USB.
6. Open the control application
7. Connect he ED10 USB.

After the sequence, does the control application work properly? If yes, continue.

8. Close the control application
9. Disconnect the ED10 USB
10. Reconnect the ED10 USB
9. Open the control application

After the extended sequence, does the control application still work properly?

P.S. The External power should be connected the whole time
testing with firmware 2.0.1.6, power supply connected to the edrumin.

after step 7 > no

after step 10 > no

HOWEVER, if I power cycle (use the little switch in the back of the unit) while the control application is open, the control application recognizes the edrumin. I can make a video if you want to see exactly what's happening or happy to do anything else you might need to get to the bottom of the situation.
hb1980

Post by hb1980 »

So far so good wrt the preset recall issues, thanks Rob.

One other thing I have noticed is that when clicking on a different input, the screen isn't always changed to that input. Sometimes it takes a couple of clicks, which is not something I remember experiencing much if at all in v <=2.0. It takes being extra careful when making changes not to do it to the wrong input!

I haven't had a chance to actually play today but will let you know if anything else crops up.

Thanks again.
hb1980

Post by hb1980 »

One of the issues I mentioned previously happened again today.

Trigger 2 stopped sending midi and registered a quite small signal (and right on the meter when it's normally left I think). When it's in this state even a factory reset doesn't clear it. Nor power cycle or unplugging etc.

I *think* what did clear it was to change the trigger to dual mono and back again.

It's a weird one and hard to recreate but if I come across a solid sequence to recreate it I'll let you know.

Otherwise things are triggering like flippin perfection!
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

If that happens again, turn tools tips on and hibernate mouse over the input and let me know what numbers it shows.
DC1970

Post by DC1970 »

Rob wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:35 am
eDRUMin version 2.1 is available for testing. Anyone who wishes to downgrade from this version to version 2.0.x or below will have their devices factory reset, so I advise saving a device preset first so you can recover your settings if you need to.

New Features
  • Added Mesh 3 Side Sensor pad type.
  • Positional Sensing for Mesh 3 Side Sensor pad type.
  • Added Roland PDA-120LS factory preset.
Other Changes
  • Fix 'Independent' velocity curve control missing from version 2.0.2.
  • More hardware performance optimizations.
The positional sensing was modeled around a brand new Roland PDA-120LS-BK (the only 3 cone pad I own), so I have no idea how well it will generalize to other 3-cone pads. With the PDA-120LS-BK I find it hard to get 3 well defined positional zones, but center and off center can be differentiated quite nicely. If you have a PDA-120LS or any other 3 cone pad, I'd love to hear about your experiences.

eDRUMin_Control_PC_2.1.0.6.zip
eDRUMin_Control_OSX_2.1.0.6.zip
eDRUMin_Control_LINUX_2.1.0.6.zip

How are people getting on with the 3 Side Sensor set up? I have an ATV but I am holding off updating until I know that people are having success with it.
hb1980

Post by hb1980 »

Rob wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:57 pm
If that happens again, turn tools tips on and hibernate mouse over the input and let me know what numbers it shows.
Will do....

Re. Pos sensing. Like Rob said it's pretty good for getting one addional articulation like edge.

I didn't find it accurate enough on my adrums snare to go for more than one extra articulation and there were a few too many false triggers on centre so I've switched it off for now, but may need to experiment more.