eDRUMin version 2.1 BETA

Rob
Site Admin

Re: eDRUMin version 2.1 BETA

Post by Rob »

Changes in build 5
  • Fixed a couple further issues with Alesis Drum Map.
  • A few more hardware performance optimizations.
Luckymethod

Post by Luckymethod »

Rob wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:27 am
Changes in build 5
The Alesis map is good to go. Caveat: I didn't test the 2nd floor tom since I don't have it.
Luckymethod

Post by Luckymethod »

Luckymethod wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:27 pm
Rob wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:27 am
Changes in build 5
The Alesis map is good to go. Caveat: I didn't test the 2nd floor tom since I don't have it.
connecting the edrumin to the computer when it's hooked to a power supply still doesn't work properly though. It would be great if that worked cause otherwise I have to go around the kit to disconnect the plug, edit the settings, then go again once I'm done and I just want to play.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I think I see where the problem might be--not sure why it's an issue on your system, and not mine. Can you do a test for me?

1. Close the control application.
2. Disconnect the ED10 USB.
3. Power cycle the ED10.
4. Connect the ED10 USB and wait 5 seconds.
5. Disconnect the ED10 USB.
6. Open the control application
7. Connect he ED10 USB.

After the sequence, does the control application work properly? If yes, continue.

8. Close the control application
9. Disconnect the ED10 USB
10. Reconnect the ED10 USB
9. Open the control application

After the extended sequence, does the control application still work properly?

P.S. The External power should be connected the whole time
hb1980

Post by hb1980 »

A couple of pretty major issues for me since v2.1:
- Despite rebuilding my kit from scratch and then saving a kit preset, recalling the preset results in lots of erroneous settings (wrong pad types, wrong settings etc.). Note this does not happen to all kit preset recalls so it's a pain to track down.
- On one occasion everything had been working fine at home, turned up to band practice (i.e. module would have been powered down) and one trigger stopped working - showed a small signal being seen from the pad but no midi sent. No amount of power cycling sorted it. Factory reset followed by kit preset recall resulted in the issue above.

I've ended up going back to 2.0.2.2 and a preset saved for that version for any critical/gig use.

It's going to take me some time to try and provide any useful steps to recreate the above. BUt....

One thing I have noticed and is easy enough to recreate...
- Factory reset
- Adjust hold time of trigger 1 to 9.6
- Click to trigger 2 and back to 1. The hold time has changed to 9.4.

Not exactly a big deal in itself but maybe this could cause other issues.

More significantly...
- Factory reset
- Click on say trigger 1
- Change pad type to BT-1
- Change trigger to cross-stick - I'm using the Superior Drummer map, so I click on the Snare icon, 'Page 2', Cross Stick image
- Click on Sensor Mode
edrumin interface crashes

This second issue I think might be a clue to my issue with kit preset issues, because I *possibly* get the recall problems after adding BT-1 with cross-stick (but need to do more testing to find a pattern).

Either way, hopefully the fact the interface crashes makes debugging with above steps fairly straightforward
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

hb1980 wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:31 am
- Despite rebuilding my kit from scratch and then saving a kit preset, recalling the preset results in lots of erroneous settings (wrong pad types, wrong settings etc.). Note this does not happen to all kit preset recalls so it's a pain to track down.
I saved and loaded a preset between two devices 3 times and I see no issues. I'll try harder tomorrow.
One thing I have noticed and is easy enough to recreate...
- Factory reset
- Adjust hold time of trigger 1 to 9.6
- Click to trigger 2 and back to 1. The hold time has changed to 9.4.
This is not a bug. It is a product of rounding during integer division.
More significantly...
- Factory reset
- Click on say trigger 1
- Change pad type to BT-1
- Change trigger to cross-stick - I'm using the Superior Drummer map, so I click on the Snare icon, 'Page 2', Cross Stick image
- Click on Sensor Mode
edrumin interface crashes
Good catch. Thank-you and fixed for the next build.
This second issue I think might be a clue to my issue with kit preset issues, because I *possibly* get the recall problems after adding BT-1 with cross-stick (but need to do more testing to find a pattern).
Definitely not the result of the bug I just fixed, but could be another similar bug related to BT-1 pad types. I'll check in the morning. Thank-you for taking the time to report the the issues.
hb1980

Post by hb1980 »

I've not found simple steps to recreate the preset recall issue, but I did save the device snapshots at the steps that created the issue.

As best I can recall, this is what happened:

240922 below was a saved device snapshot, it failed to correctly save several things:
- the hold times of triggers 2, 3, 5 and 7 were all about 10.5 but were saved as 3.1.
- trigger 10 was not a kick it was BT-1 as cross-stick

All I then did was to correct trigger 10 back to the BT-1 /cross-stick (and also set the thresholds etc. of trigger 10) and saved preset tmp.

But tmp saved really odd things:
- trigger 2 and 7 got remapped as kicks and with mesh center piezo not 3 side and totally different pad settings (maybe default?)
- trigger 10 (BT-1) goes to sensor mode and with the same gain, thresh, scan, hold, xtalk as the erroneous ones for 2 and 7.

As I say, unfortunately I've not had success yet in recreating such problems either. Logically I should be able to recall 240922, make the same changes and see the effect captured by tmp, but I've not succeeded yet.

I don't know if the content of the preset files gives any clues so including just in case.
240922.edp
(3.91 KiB) Downloaded 90 times
tmp.edp
(3.91 KiB) Downloaded 96 times
hb1980

Post by hb1980 »

It seems the device snapshot I included above (240922) will load differently depending on a preceding preset rather than factory reset.

For example:
- factory reset
- load 2409220 (attached below)
- load 240922 (attached above)
As an example, trigger 2 has hold 3.1

versus
- factory reset
As an example, trigger 2 has hold 10.5

:?
2409220.edp
(3.91 KiB) Downloaded 83 times
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

hb1980 wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:43 pm
For example:
- factory reset
- load 2409220 (attached below)
As an example, trigger 2 has hold 3.1

versus
- factory reset
As an example, trigger 2 has hold 10.5
Thank-you for those presets. It helped a lot to track down that bug. Bug with the hold time recall is fixed for the next build.
hb1980 wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:32 pm
All I then did was to correct trigger 10 back to the BT-1 /cross-stick (and also set the thresholds etc. of trigger 10) and saved preset tmp.

But tmp saved really odd things:
- trigger 2 and 7 got remapped as kicks and with mesh center piezo not 3 side and totally different pad settings (maybe default?)
- trigger 10 (BT-1) goes to sensor mode and with the same gain, thresh, scan, hold, xtalk as the erroneous ones for 2 and 7.
There's a good chance that this is related to the BT-1 bug I previously fixed. If I load the the 'tmp' preset, I get the same issues you did, however if I repeated your steps and save and then load my own 'tmp 2' preset, I'm not able to reproduce the issue. I'll get an update for you and perhaps you can try again and see it it's now fixed.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Changes in build 6
  • Fixed a possible crash when enabling BT crosstalk mode.
  • Fixed a possible issue with the hold time setting after loading a preset.
  • Fixed a cosmetic issue where the displayed hold time might not correspond exactly with the real value (+- 0.2).
  • A possible fix for an issue where the eDRUMin might not communicate with the control application when externally powered and the USB cable is unplugged and then replugged.