eDRUMin version 2 BETA

Jf450

Re: eDRUMin version 2 BETA

Post by Jf450 »

There is hope I'm not alone :-) Only thing is I've NEVER seen this on 2.0.0.38. Also, I don't think closing my DAW helped - in fact even a PC reboot didn't clear it on at least one occasion, but could all be red herrings.

I never tried 2.0.0.39, but I have tried 2.0.0.40 and latest 2.0.1.3, both of which exhibit this problem.

I didn't report it straight away as I wanted to rule out user error (still not ruled that out...) :-)
[/quote]

I'm actually not using a DAW, just the standalone version of EZD2/3 and SD3. All exhibit the same issue. Didn't notice the issue before.
hb1980

Post by hb1980 »

Rob - so tonight I cleared my edrumin of all pre-sets, maps and snapshots and then did a factory reset - i.e. about as close to delivery condition as it gets. I then created a custom Superior Drummer map using the factory version as a pre-set and started setting my inputs the layout I normally use. I saved all this as a Device Snapshot, performed a factory reset and lo and behold, the HH pedal midi recall issue is there!

I've attached my device snapshot below. if you follow the below steps then hopefully you'll recreate the issue:
(1) Clear edrumin of any presets, maps and snapshots
(2) Click on top left trigger (input 1) in the UI (not sure this makes a difference but just in case...)
(3) Factory reset
(4) Click on top left trigger in the UI (again, not sure this makes a difference but just in case...)
(5) Click presets
(6) Click device snapshots
(7) Drag my snapshot into the preset list
(8) Double click to load it
(9) Select all options then OK
(10) Click on the top right hand pedal input
(11) It should have 'tight' selected and erroneously show 0 0 0* (should be 32, 33, 34)
(12) Click on Open 6 (may show 53, 54, 55 but could be some other combination) then back down to tight (may show 32, 33, 34 but could also be some other random combination)*
(13) Click back to input 1 and back to the pedal again and it will show tight as 0, 0, 0 again *

*NOTE!!: The values are not always as above, sometimes following this approach I get different wrong values!

By chance I discovered that clicking the pedal type and selecting 'Hihat controller' (i.e. what it's already set to) clears the fault completely and the pedal assignments are set correctly (basically 32-55, steps of 1 to make the issue really clear!).

I hope this offers a clue to a resolution for this really odd behaviour.
Kit.edp
(3.91 KiB) Downloaded 94 times
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

hb1980 wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 9:29 pm
Rob - so tonight I cleared my edrumin of all pre-sets, maps and snapshots and then did a factory reset - i.e. about as close to delivery condition as it gets. I then created a custom Superior Drummer map using the factory version as a pre-set and started setting my inputs the layout I normally use. I saved all this as a Device Snapshot, performed a factory reset and lo and behold, the HH pedal midi recall issue is there!
I was only able to reproduce the issue and it's fixed for the next build. Thank-you for the abundance of information you provided.
hb1980

Post by hb1980 »

That's great, thanks Rob!
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

hb1980 wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 2:11 am
Another issue since fw .38, my ride bell (3 zone) randomly starts triggering choked. When it happens it gets completely stuck, by which I mean even resetting the trigger and reloading the preset doesn't clear it. Happened again on latest firmware tonight. What's really weird is that it recovered again for a few mins after running playback in my DAW. I know that sounds like it's a vsti or daw problem but this is only happening for me since fw .38 and if I roll back it simply never happens.
This was a copy and paste error. When releasing the choke, the eDRUMin is sending the wrong aftertouch message for the bell (you can see it in the MIDI Monitor). Fixed in the next build.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I posted build 5
  • Fixed sending wrong aftertouch message for bell when releasing choke.
  • Fixed an issue properly loading pedal input settings after loading a device preset.
Jf450

Post by Jf450 »

Rob wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 12:35 am
I posted build 5
Awesome, glad to see I wasn't going crazy.
hb1980

Post by hb1980 »

Rob wrote:
I posted build 5
  • Fixed an issue properly loading pedal input settings after loading a device preset.
That's brilliant Rob. Can confirm the pedal fix. May take a few days but I'll keep an eye out for the choke fix.
Cheers!
Jf450

Post by Jf450 »

hb1980 wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 6:00 pm
Rob wrote:
I posted build 5
That's brilliant Rob. Can confirm the pedal fix. May take a few days but I'll keep an eye out for the choke fix.
Cheers!
Can confirm the choke fix works!
monospace

Post by monospace »

Just installed Build 5, and just for the hell of it, I decided to apply it to the ED4 first, then to the ED10. Lo and behold: the dreaded "Unsaved Changes" dialog did not appear. Not sure if it's related; just throwing it out there.
Miscellaneous Roland triggers. ED-10 + ED-4. MacBook Pro (2015), 16G RAM, Big Sur. Superior Drummer 3. Logic Pro.