Re: eDRUMin version 2 BETA

Post by Luckymethod »

Rob wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 2:23 am
Well select your user presets.
image.png
Have you watched this yet?
https://youtu.be/8HSVZmy1H78
if you watch the video carefully the "melodics" map was selected (top right box) but looks like a different map's values were loaded. I selected a Roland then back to Melodics and things started working again.

IMHO the UI should be a little more explicit about selection and "load". I'm always unsure if clicking on something actually loads the values or not.
Luckymethod

Post by Luckymethod »

Suggestion #1

eDrumin should have a way to show the software's installed version when disconnected from the module(s).
2022-05-23_23-10-28.png
2022-05-23_23-10-28.png (158.61 KiB) Viewed 1115 times
hb1980

Post by hb1980 »

I'm using V2.0.1.3 and having an issue with pedal position Midi Assignments when doing a Device Snapshot recall...

For example...
First screenshot shows my pedal settings (basically I'm using the default Superior Drummer Map).
- I save a device snapshot
- Perform a factory reset
- Reload my snapshot (selecting all options)
Select the pedal and everything looks ok initially, but after switching to to another pad and back again 'Tight' shows 0,0,0 (screenshot 2).

Click away and back again and everything (closed, and all open assignments) changes to 0,0,0 except Open 5, which is 1,1,0.
S1.jpg
S1.jpg (50.13 KiB) Viewed 1096 times
S2.jpg
S2.jpg (50.77 KiB) Viewed 1096 times
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Thank-you. I will look into this. I assume when you load the device preset you have 'Drum Map' checked?
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I couldn't reproduce this exactly, but I managed to fix a couple other (most likely related) issues in build 4.
  • Fixed sometimes the name of a drum map is blank.
  • Fixed remembering load preset checkbox states.
hb1980

Post by hb1980 »

Hi Rob, yes everything checked when loading including the mapping.

It's 100% repeatable for me :-(

I'm starting to think I should factory reset and build all my settings manually from scratch.

Another issue since fw .38, my ride bell (3 zone) randomly starts triggering choked. When it happens it gets completely stuck, by which I mean even resetting the trigger and reloading the preset doesn't clear it. Happened again on latest firmware tonight. What's really weird is that it recovered again for a few mins after running playback in my DAW. I know that sounds like it's a vsti or daw problem but this is only happening for me since fw .38 and if I roll back it simply never happens.

Are there any logs I could share? Appreciate descriptions like the above rarely help much!
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

If you had saved your preset with an older BETA version, it could be the the drum map wasn't properly being saved with the device preset. I can't remember what build I fixed that issue in. You might want to try reloading your drum map preset and then overwrite your device preset (so that the map inside the device preset gets updated.
hb1980 wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 2:11 am
Another issue since fw .38, my ride bell (3 zone) randomly starts triggering choked. When it happens it gets completely stuck, by which I mean even resetting the trigger and reloading the preset doesn't clear it. Happened again on latest firmware tonight. What's really weird is that it recovered again for a few mins after running playback in my DAW. I know that sounds like it's a vsti or daw problem but this is only happening for me since fw .38 and if I roll back it simply never happens.
Post your settings for the ride please and I'll look into it and try to reproduce.
Jf450

Post by Jf450 »

hb1980 wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 2:11 am

I am getting the same issue. I noticed on mine it will only start choking the bell if I crash the ride and choke the ride. If I close my vsti and open it up again the issue goes away. I believe I am on .38 also. I'd have to double check when I get home.
hb1980

Post by hb1980 »

Thanks Rob. Ride settings below as requested.

This one's even more obscure than the HH mapping thing but with the double issue of no obvious way to repeat it apart from playing for a few minutes and waiting for it to happen (although sod's law, it reliably happens just before sound checks :) Fingers crossed for a solution but I don't think I'm giving you much to go on here.

Only things to add in relation to my settings below, once it's choking, the position parameter (whether on or off and the setting) has no effect, nor does resetting the input, changing the pad type to/from 3-zone. So far I always have to resort to a full unit factory reset (aside from the other really odd fact that pressing play in my DAW reverts it back to not choking for a few minutes).

If anything else comes to light (hopefully something more conclusive) I'll let you know. I'll also try creating a new User map as suggested, although I had been using the SD factory pre-set. Failing that I also try configuring from scratch.
eD.jpg
eD.jpg (138.36 KiB) Viewed 1034 times
Jf450 wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 1:49 pm
I am getting the same issue. I noticed on mine it will only start choking the bell if I crash the ride and choke the ride. If I close my vsti and open it up again the issue goes away. I believe I am on .38 also. I'd have to double check when I get home.
There is hope I'm not alone :-) Only thing is I've NEVER seen this on 2.0.0.38. Also, I don't think closing my DAW helped - in fact even a PC reboot didn't clear it on at least one occasion, but could all be red herrings.

I never tried 2.0.0.39, but I have tried 2.0.0.40 and latest 2.0.1.3, both of which exhibit this problem.

I didn't report it straight away as I wanted to rule out user error (still not ruled that out...) :-)