eDRUMin version 2 BETA

Rob
Site Admin

Re: eDRUMin version 2 BETA

Post by Rob »

Seems like a reasonable expectation. Do you know if you were loading a version 2 or version 1.x preset?
Dadwrshpdrum

Post by Dadwrshpdrum »

Rob wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 12:40 am
Seems like a reasonable expectation. Do you know if you were loading a version 2 or version 1.x preset?
V2 preset. I had saved a V2 preset for rack Tom 3. Floor Tom 2 has an identical pad, but I didn’t like it’s trigger settings. I preferred rack tom 3’s so I saved a fresh preset and loaded it to floor Tom 2 ( midi assignment not selected). Floor Tom 2 became rack Tom 3. Not what I was expecting, but it took like like 2 seconds to fix. I was just surprised it did that since I didn’t have midi assignment selected.
TD-17KVX, PD-125BK snare, PDX-100 Tom, PDX-12 Toms, PDX-8 Toms, CY-5 splash, CY-15R ride, CY-13R China. eDRUMin 10 with TD-17 slave module. MacBook Pro (16gb RAM and 1TB SSD). SSD5.5 and EZD2. Abelton Live.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Fixed for the next build. If 'MIDI Assignments' is not checked when loading a trigger, pedal, or device preset, then the 'kit piece' and 'pad function' settings will not be loaded.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I posted build 41.
Superfish

Post by Superfish »

Hi Rob,

just updated to build 41.
My edrumin10 rev2 was updating correct.
But on my edrumin10 rev1 unit it suddenly stopped at 21% installation, and now im not able to connect to it at all.
even tried new cable, reboot etc...

is there another way to connect to the rev1 unit?
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

There should be a file called MEC_log.txt on your desktop. Can you email it to support at audiofront dot net?
Superfish

Post by Superfish »

Rob wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 1:44 pm
There should be a file called MEC_log.txt on your desktop. Can you email it to support at audiofront dot net?
just email you with the MEC_log.txt included.
Dadwrshpdrum

Post by Dadwrshpdrum »

Bug to report.

Bottom line - when updating a cymbal drum map from position to choke the first time it is changed to choke and saved the drum map appears to update to choke, but when saved and loaded as current drum map the drum map reverts to position. The midi note changes but remains as position functionality.

Background / more detail - I use abelton live so no aftertouch support. At first I was a EZdrummer user so the only option was a mute hit, which is not what I was looking for. So I just never used it and was the standard abelton user that complained about lack of after touch. Now that I switched to SD3 I realized today that default articulation is still mute hit, but there is the option to turn on mute tail articulation, which is what I want. Then in SD3 there is a certain way to add a midi note to the mute tail articulation, since it is by default unmapped.

I then went into the eDRUMin app to add the newly defined mute tail midi notes to the drum map for all of the cymbals choke notes. I quickly realized that to make this work in eDRUMin drum map I had to toggle from position to choke in the drum map editor. However, when I saved it in the editor and loaded the drum map everything looked okay except that the cymbal remained in position mode not choke. The 2nd time I made the edit though it worked. The drum map remained in choke.

Other observations is when the drum map is set to position only position works. There is no choke midi note. That is great and makes perfect sense. Pleasantly I discovered for a ride cymbal when I set to choke the choke midi note worked, and the control change message was sent as well using the same midi note. I wasn’t expecting that, because I thought (maybe incorrectly that you could only have one or the other, not both). So all I had to do in SD3 was remap the ride’s positional sensing CC to the same midi note as the choke. Worked great. I did notice the midi monitor for the ride CC did not appear to have the correct number for V1??? I was expecting 65 (that’s the recommended mute tail midi note for the ride using fields of rock), but V1 was like 197. (I think?) I was surprised it wasn’t 65 and I was also surprised it was greater than 127, but I am no way a midi expert. So maybe that means something….

Is there a way for eDRUMin, in the future, to be able to send one midi note for mute hit (holding the switch and then hitting the pad) and mute tail (aftertouch)? Not that big of deal, but it does look like SD3 supports this.
TD-17KVX, PD-125BK snare, PDX-100 Tom, PDX-12 Toms, PDX-8 Toms, CY-5 splash, CY-15R ride, CY-13R China. eDRUMin 10 with TD-17 slave module. MacBook Pro (16gb RAM and 1TB SSD). SSD5.5 and EZD2. Abelton Live.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Dadwrshpdrum wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 9:45 pm
Bug to report.

Bottom line - when updating a cymbal drum map from position to choke the first time it is changed to choke and saved the drum map appears to update to choke, but when saved and loaded as current drum map the drum map reverts to position. The midi note changes but remains as position functionality.
That is expected behavior. When positional sensing is enabled for a particular input, chocking with a note should be disabled and the 4th note will always show 'POS'.
Other observations is when the drum map is set to position only position works. There is no choke midi note. That is great and makes perfect sense. Pleasantly I discovered for a ride cymbal when I set to choke the choke midi note worked, and the control change message was sent as well using the same midi note.
That's a bug. Fixed for the next build.
I did notice the midi monitor for the ride CC did not appear to have the correct number for V1??? I was expecting 65 (that’s the recommended mute tail midi note for the ride using fields of rock), but V1 was like 197. (I think?) I was surprised it wasn’t 65 and I was also surprised it was greater than 127, but I am no way a midi expert. So maybe that means something….
That's also a bug. Fixed for the next build.

Is there a way for eDRUMin, in the future, to be able to send one midi note for mute hit (holding the switch and then hitting the pad) and mute tail (aftertouch)? Not that big of deal, but it does look like SD3 supports this.
Not likely. Works with aftertouch already, though. Perhaps it's time to more away from Ableton.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Dadwrshpdrum wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 9:45 pm
Pleasantly I discovered for a ride cymbal when I set to choke the choke midi note worked, and the control change message was sent as well using the same midi note. I wasn’t expecting that, because I thought (maybe incorrectly that you could only have one or the other, not both). So all I had to do in SD3 was remap the ride’s positional sensing CC to the same midi note as the choke. Worked great.
You think this is a bug that I shouldn't fix?